This Keto Biscuits and Sausage Gravy recipe is so comforting! The biscuits are buttery and fluffy, the gravy is savory, and they pair together beautifully. This recipe is also so easy to make! It’s very hands-off. You’ll need to form your biscuits, then bake them. Then you’ll need to make your gravy and let it simmer. The majority of the cook time is definitely passive time!
Keto Comfort Foods
I’ve lost count of the times my husband has told me, “I never thought I’d be able to eat xyz again,” given our Ketogenic lifestyle. Fortunately, this is definitely not the case! Thankfully, even comfort foods can be made into keto friendly recipes! It just takes a bit more creativity than normal. Of course, there are special ingredients to use as well.
For instance, my Keto Biscuits and Sausage Gravy required some workarounds (such as using almond flour, etc.). However, I think it’s pretty close to the standard recipe! Keep in mind, although this recipe is indulgent, there are some great health benefits as well. See more on the benefits below.
Health Benefits of Almond Flour:
- Rich in Vitamin E
- Rich in Magnesium
- Rich in Copper
- Reduces chronic degenerative disease risk
Hope you enjoy! I look forward to hearing from you in the comments below!
Keto Biscuits and Gravy
- 1 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Swerve/Erythritol (Confectioners)
- Pinch of Salt
- 2.5 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Unsweetened Milkadamia Milk (*Note - can use other unsweetened milk, such as Almond)
- 1 Egg
- 4 oz Sausage
- 4 oz Original Cream Cheese
- 1/3 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/3 cup Chicken Bone Broth
- 1/4 tsp Xantham Gum
Gravy Spices & Seasonings:
- 1 tsp Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Sage
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). If possible, use silicone mats to line your baking sheet. Parchment paper will also work.
- Next, melt your butter - either over medium-low heat or via the microwave. If using your microwave, use 15 second increments. Set aside to cool.
- Combine all of your dry ingredients: almond flour, baking powder, erythritol and a pinch of salt.
- Add your butter, milk, and egg into dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Form biscuits. Bake for about 15 minutes, depending on your oven. Check at around 12 minutes.
- Fry your sausage in medium-high heat until browned.
- Then, add in your cream cheese and mix until cream cheese is melted and incorporated. Add all spices: salt, pepper, sage, parsley, and garlic powder.
- Reduce to medium-low heat and add your liquids: heavy cream and chicken bone broth. Let your food simmer (uncovered) for 10 minutes.
- Depending on your preference of gravy, you can add 1/4 - 1/2 tsp of xantham gum to thicken your gravy. Add very gradually and wait a few minutes before adding more; a little goes a long way!