These Keto Chocolate Donuts with Chocolate Glaze are so sweet and heavenly! They are the perfect donuts for every chocolate lover. I used keto ChocZero in this recipe. If you don’t have it, you can find it here:
Also, here are the donut molds that I used:
Shockingly, with all of the chocolate involved, the net carbs are below 10. Also, I have seen no blood sugar impact or issues by eating such a decadent breakfast treat. The morning I ate this, my blood sugar was 76. After waiting 2 hours after I ate, my blood sugar was 86.
Of course this breakfast is intended as a ‘treat’, but keep in mind that chocolate is actually quite healthy. Chocolate actually offers many health benefits; below are a few.
Health Benefits of Chocolate:
- Lowers blood pressure
- Can help protect the heart
- Rich in Iron, Magnesium, Zinc
I always want to try to make things sweeter, lower in carb, and better! If there is a specific donut flavor you’ve been missing, feel free to contact me/leave a comment. I’d be happy to give it a try! I hope you make these and please let me know what you think.
Keto Chocolate Donuts
- 0.5 cup Almond Flour
- 1.5 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 0.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 1.5 tbsp Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened)
- 0.25 cup Swerve/Erythritol (Confectioners)
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 5 ChocZero Pieces (Melted) (*Can buy from Amazon)
- 2 tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- 0.5 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 6 pieces ChocZero (Melted) (*Can buy from Amazon)
- 1 tbsp Swerve (*Note - or erythritol)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). I strongly recommend using silicone donut molds. If you do not have any, you can grease a baking sheet and form circles per your donuts.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and swerve.
- In a small bowl, add butter and chocolate zero pieces. Melt via microwave, starting with 30 seconds, and then stirring. Microwave for another 15 seconds if necessary. Using hand mixer, add butter and chocolate to dry ingredients and mix to incorporate.
- Add final wet ingredients to dry ingredients: heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, and eggs, by just adding 1 egg at a time. Mix together.
- Form donuts and bake for around 15 minutes. When done, allow at least 15 minutes before removing donuts.
- Using a double boiler or microwave, melt Chocolate Zero pieces, including swerve, vanilla extract, and water.
- Once the glaze is cooled, you can dip your donuts directly into the mixture, or simply apply the glaze with a spoon. Serve immediately and enjoy!