I am labeling this Keto Strawberry Banana Ice Cream with Chocolate Sauce as a dessert, but to be fair, we had this for breakfast this morning. It sounds ludicrous to have ice cream for breakfast; doesn’t it? I had to point out that actual fresh strawberries are included, so how bad could it be? It’s breakfast-like, right?
See more below on how great strawberries are for you!
Health Benefits of Strawberries:
- Packed with vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants
- Good source of manganese and potassium
- More Vitamin C than an orange
Ice Cream Storage
If possible, store your ice cream in silicone molds. It makes removal so much easier. Erythritol will indeed make your ice cream harder, but it will thaw and have the same texture as normal ice-cream. I continue to use erythritol, as in Keto, it isn’t included in daily total carbs, which to me, is great!
Balance & Daily Macros
Really, everything in Keto is all about balance! Having such a filling and sweet treat for breakfast means we’ll look to have jalapeno chili for lunch, and with only 4 carbs total. This brings my total carb amount to 15 carbs for the day, 5 of that being fiber, and thus 10 total net carbs. I am happy with these amounts, considering I will also be getting 137 grams of fat! I have heard that I should limit my fat intake as I am trying to lose weight. However, I am still losing weight, albeit slowly. Definitely something to consider, though!
I will continue to update you along my journey. Mostly, I have had to learn patience in terms of weight loss. It’s a slow process, but keto is definitely worth sticking with.
Keto Strawberry Banana Ice Cream with Chocolate Sauce
- 1.5 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Milkadamia Milk
- 1/2 cup Swerve (Confectioners)
- 1 tbsp Banana Extract
- 10 fresh Strawberries
- 70 Lily's Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 tbsp Swerve *To taste - be sure to try this before pouring on ice cream, in case you want this to be sweeter
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tbsp Dark Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened)
- Recommend using a churner with a removable freezer bowl. (Ensure your ice cream machine bowl has been in the freezer for at least 24 hours. As a tip, I keep mine in the freezer always - to ensure it's ready at any point!)
- Use a blender to mix the following ingredients: heavy whipping cream, milk, swerve, banana extract, and strawberries.
- Next, place ice cream mixture into your ice cream maker and allow it to churn! I'd recommend following your manufacturer's instructions per churn time. (Mine takes about 15 minutes.) You will know your ice cream is churned when it is thick, but not overly solid, similar to soft serve.
- Transfer your ice cream to the freezer for about 1.5-2 hours, to allow it to firm up.
Chocolate Sauce (Optional)
- The ice cream has a lot of flavor on its own, but if you want to take it up a notch, you can also add a chocolate sauce!
- Use a microwave or double boiler to melt your Lily's chocolate chips. Once melted, add heavy whipping cream, swerve, vanilla extract, and dark cocoa powder. Stir until well combined.
- Your sauce should be thin enough to easily pour over your ice cream. If not, feel free to add water. It also should not harden. I have used it immediately, so I'd recommend you do the same when applying it to ice cream.