This Keto Pizza with White Sauce and a Cheesy Crust includes many authentic pizza flavors. However, the pizza includes a unique spin on typical keto pizza crusts! The crust is made with coconut flour, egg, goat cheese, and cream cheese. There’s a white sauce with butter, heavy whipping cream, powdered ranch, and almond flour. Toppings include chicken and bacon – and even more goat cheese! I think you’ll be a fan of this pizza. With many layers of flavor, it’s very savory and delicious.
We have tried many keto pizzas – pizzas with cauliflower crust, no crust at all, chicken crust pizza, and many more. Although this crust is somewhat similar to fathead dough, obviously some different approaches were taken. Goat cheese was used, as this cheese is allegedly less inflammatory than something like mozzarella. I also did something unique to make this pizza crust unbelievably cheesy! I was thinking outside of the box in terms of adding a ‘stuffed crust’.
Even though pizza is involved, of course I still made the healthiest keto version possible. There are a few ingredients that are healthy, but I thought I’d highlight chicken below, as it’s one of the main toppings. See below for the benefits of eating chicken:
Health Benefits of Chicken:
- Wonderful source of selenium
- Great source of Vitamin B6
- Great source of Vitamin B3
Hope you enjoy!
Keto Pizza with White Sauce and Cheesy Crust
- 1 1/4 cup Manchego Cheese, Shredded
- 4 tbsp Original Cream Cheese
- 2 Egg
- 1/3 cup Coconut Flour
Pizza Crust Spices & Seasonings:
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
Pizza - White Sauce:
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/3 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Parsley
- 2 tbsp Powdered Ranch
- 2 tsp Almond Flour
- Pinch Xantham
- 6 oz Chicken
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 oz Goat Cheese Log, Montchevre (Crumbed on Top)
- 2 tsp Fresh Parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F, 218 degrees C. In a small bowl, combine all manchego cheese except for 1/4 of cup and only include half of your total cream cheese. Add your spices/seasonings: basil, italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and pepper. Melt in microwave for 30 seconds. Set aside to cool.
- To crust mixture, add eggs and coconut flour. If using a springform pan, recommend using a sheet pan below. if not using springform pan, you can feel free to simply use a sheet pan. Line with parchment paper. Form your pizza crust.
- Bake your pizza crust for 5 minutes; remove from oven. At this time, apply your cheesy crust. Line your remaining cream cheese around the pizza after creating thin lines. Next, sprinkle your remaining manchego cheese on top of the cream cheese. Bake for another 3 minutes, reducing heat to 375 degrees F, 191 degrees C.
- In a pan, cook all bacon. Then, cook chicken. Once cooked, set aside.
- In same pan, over medium-high heat, make your white sauce by adding all ingredients: butter, heavy whipping cream, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, minced garlic, parsley, and powdered ranch. After 3-5 minutes, add the xantham and almond flour and allow sauce to simmer (medium-low heat) for 5-10 minutes, until thickened.
- Cut chicken/bacon into bite sized pieces. Crumble your montchevre cheese.
- Pour white sauce on crust. Add the chicken, then the crumbled montchevre/goat log cheese, and finally the bacon.
- Cook at 350 degrees F, 177 degrees C for 12 minutes. If necessary, depending on your cheese/crust color, you can broil for another few minutes. Garnish with parsley. Enjoy!