I am presently obsessed with cupcakes, but I will be working on adding cake recipes very soon! I’ll look to include cheesecakes, mug cakes, and more traditional cakes. I tend to like finger foods, so of course cupcakes naturally apply and are some of my favorite cakes! I made these vanilla cupcakes recently, but still had to incorporate chocolate frosting, because, why not?
Note that below you can adjust the serving sizes to make more or fewer cupcakes. You can also review the nutrition label per each cupcake. You can also review the health benefits of this recipe’s star ingredient!
I hope you make these cupcakes soon and enjoy!
Keto Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 cup Swerve/Erythritol (Confectioners)
- 1 heaping tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter (Melted)
- 2 Eggs *Room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Milkadamia Milk
- 4 oz Unsalted Butter (Melted)
- 8 oz Original Cream Cheese
- 3/4 cup Swerve/Erythritol
- 4 tbsp Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened)
- 1 tbsp Dark Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened)
- 4-6 tbsp Unsweetened Milkadamia Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). If possible, obtain silicone cupcake molds, or use silicone cupcake liners (10), which are preferred. You can use standard cupcake liners, which I did.
- Add all dry ingredients together: coconut flour, almond flour, swerve, baking powder, and salt.
- Melt butter in microwave (15-30 seconds), or by stove if preferred. Once cooled, add to a large bowl, including: milk, vanilla extract and eggs.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until set and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes and before applying frosting.
- To frost, I used the Wilton 2D drop flower piping tip, along with a disposable piping bag. To create the frosting, ideally use a stand mixer if possible, including the paddle attachment. If not possible, you can use a hand mixer.
- First, add your butter and mix on low speed. Add swerve and increase speed to medium. Next, add in your cream cheese, cocoa powder, milk and vanilla extract. Mix on high speed for a few minutes, until everything is well combined, scraping down your sides as needed.
- If cupcakes are completely cooled, add your frosting. I'd recommend that you refrigerate your cupcakes overnight before enjoying, as it will allow your frosting to set. Enjoy!!