I have always been a big fan of vegetables. Keto or not, I tend to get my fair share. Of course, I am more mindful of intake these days, given my close attention to carbs. Regardless, I still eat vegetables such as: spinach, celery, cucumbers, lettuce, broccoli, asparagus, etc. Of course, no keto diet would be complete without cauliflower and I eat quite a bit of it as well!
Being keto, I love to incorporate real cream cheese into my vegetables. This isn’t something I ever did before – when I was scared of ‘fat’. These days, it’s one of my favorite things to do. I made spinach especially creamy recently and almost diluted the complete taste of spinach. You’ll have to give this a try if you’re wary of spinach in general.
As always, below you can adjust the serving sizes to meet your needs, review the nutrition label, and also find health benefits per this recipe’s star ingredient!
Keto Angus Steak with Creamy Spinach
- 8 oz Angus Steak
- 2 tbsp Salted Butter (*For steak)
- 2-3 tsp Pink Salt
- 2-3 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 bag Frozen Spinach (*3.5 cups total frozen)
- 1 cup Chicken Bone Broth
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 oz Original Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- Using a grill, heat your grill on high. (*Note you can also use a griddle, etc.) Generously season your steaks with salt/pepper.
- Cook steak until medium via temperature of 155 degrees F (69 degrees C). This will take about 6 minutes each side. Be sure to keep grill closed during cooking and ensure it remains on high heat. Note these temperatures depending on your preference of steak: *Medium rare is 140 degrees F, 60 degrees C. *Well done is 165 degrees F, 74 degrees C.
- When finished cooking, allow your meat to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with butter!
- Over medium-high heat, add your frozen spinach to a skillet. Allow to cook until no longer frozen.
- Add your liquids to the spinach: bone broth and heavy whipping cream. Let cook for 10 minutes. Then, add your cream cheese and all seasoning (salt, pepper, cayenne, and garlic) to the skillet.
- Reduce your heat to medium-low. Allow spinach to simmer for another 10-15 minutes, until all liquid is reduced. Stir occasionally until at preferred consistency. Enjoy!!