This is a flour-free ultra creamy and cheesy Keto Three Cheese Broccoli Soup! Although there are ‘keto friendly flours’, they still have carbs of course. I do try to avoid them as much as possible. Thus, instead I focused on all hearty ingredients for this Keto Three Cheese Broccoli Soup. It’s packed with butter, heavy whipping cream, 2 types of goat cheese, and cheddar cheese. Definitely a hearty and creamy soup! If you don’t love broccoli, or if your kids don’t, this soup just may change their minds!
I am determined to make baked goods that are also flour free, but that is more of a challenge. Fortunately, making this soup was easy! Instead of flour, I opted for xantham gum. Also, instead of any complexity, I kept it simple. No blending required!
Now that it’s fall, I hope you make this recipe soon!
As a reminder, broccoli is so good for you! It seems to be overpowered by cauliflower these days, at least in the keto world. However, keep in mind it offers so many benefits. A few of the benefits are listed below.
Health Benefits of Broccoli
- Excellent source of Vitamin K and Vitamin C
- Very low GI
- Anti-inflammatory support
Keto Three Cheese Broccoli Soup
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets Frozen
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 cups Chicken Bone Broth
- 2/3 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 5 oz Drunken Goat Cheese
- 3.5 oz Manchego Cheese
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 tsp Xantham Gum
Spices & Seasonings:
- 3/4 tsp Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 2 Dashes of Cayenne
- Over medium-high heat, using a skillet, melt your butter and add your frozen broccoli. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring ocasionally.
- Broccoli won't be fully cooked, but go ahead and add your heavy whipping cream and bone broth. Reduce your heat to medium-low; simmer for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Over medium-low heat, begin to gradually add your 3 cheeses, only about 2-3 tablespoons of your total at a time. Stir and then continually adding until cheese is gone.
- Add all of your spices: salt, pepper, garlic, paprika, and a couple of dashes of cayenne. Add your xantham gum. Stir.
- Reduce your heat to a slow simmer / low heat. Allow to simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. You should notice that your soup has thickened significantly, per the xantham addition. It should be creamy and ready to enjoy. If prefer more xantham, very gradually add small amounts!
- Serve and enjoy!!