Keto meatloaf with cauliflower mashed potatoes is a true comfort food/meal to me! What is one of your favorite comfort foods?
Despite the general low carbs associated to this meal, keep in mind, that even spices have carbs. You have to be mindful when adding ingredients such as minced garlic, etc., as they all add up! Minced garlic has 1 carb in just 1 teaspoon! I do take this into account per the nutrition labels I provide on my recipe posts. I count everything! I try to also keep my carbs closer to 10-15 total, so that I can handle the unexpected carbs that manage to still usually appear. For instance: I love chewing gum – and even it has carbs.
Note that below you can adjust the serving sizes for this meal, review the nutrition label, and find the health benefits per this recipe’s star ingredient.
Keto Meatloaf with Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- 1 lb Ground Beef *Use 73% lean / 27% fat!
- 1.5 cups Pork Rinds
- 2 large Eggs
Meatloaf Spices & Seasonings:
- 1.5 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tbsp Parsley Flakes
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic *Or 1/2 tbsp of Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Chives
- 1.5 cup Red Onion
- 8 tbsp Ketchup *I use Heinz, no sugar added
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar *I use Swerve, Brown
- 1.5 tbsp Mustard
Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes:
- 2.75 cups Cauliflower Rice (Frozen *Can use 1 frozen bag - I recommend using Birds Eye brand
- 4 oz Original Cream Cheese
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 tsp Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- *Topped with Fresh Parsley (Optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, 177 degrees C.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your entire pound of ground beef. (I strongly recommend you use beef with 27% fat so meatloaf will maintain moisture!)
- In a small bag, add your pork rinds. Use meat grinder, spoon, or rolling pin to crush the pork rinds. Add to meat mixture.
- Dice your red onion.
- To your same mixing bowl, add eggs, onion, and all spices (salt, black pepper, parsley, minced garlic, and chives). Mix gently and just until ingredients are barely incorporated; be sure not to over mix!
- Put mixture into a loaf pan. Next, use a spatula to separate the meat around the edges of the pan. On a baking sheet, put down silicone liner. Then, turn loaf pan upside down and empty mixture onto the baking sheet with silicone liner. This will allow for a perfect shape and still give your meatloaf the ability to cook well, with enough space.
- In a small bowl, combine your topping ingredients: low carb ketchup, keto brown sugar, and mustard. Apply to the top of your meatloaf.
- Place a meat thermometer into your meatloaf and add it to your oven. Cook until the meatloaf reaches 160 degrees F, 71 degrees C. This should take about 45-50 minutes.
- Once meatloaf is fully cooked, allow it to set for at least 10 minutes before cutting it. Enjoy!
- You can use frozen cauliflower to make your mashed potatoes. If using frozen, be sure to microwave your cauliflower, per the package's instructions. If using fresh, cut your cauliflower into small pieces, or grate it.
- In a skillet, over medium-low heat, add your butter. Once melted, add your cauliflower.
- If cauliflower is already pre-cooked, immediately add all of your cream cheese and heavy whipping cream. Next, add your spices: salt and black pepper.
- Once your cream cheese is mostly melted and incorporated, use a hand blender to combine your ingredients.
- Top with parsley and enjoy!