his Keto Bacon Weave Breakfast Pizza includes a wonderful bacon crust, a creamy and smooth sauce, with fluffy scrambled eggs on top. If you have never tried to weave bacon before, you should! My first attempt happened recently and I am very happy to say it was successful (and easy!)
Macros for Keto Bacon Weave Breakfast Pizza
The macros for this pizza are also very good! This is a true powerhouse breakfast recipe with 80% fat, 20% protein, and 1% carbs!
Make Ahead Breakfast
With this recipe, I was able to pre-make breakfast for my husband and I for 2 full days. I love making easy breakfasts in bulk – and being able to grab something quick and easy in the morning. Even though I work from home, I still don’t want to have to get up and make something each morning. It takes me at least 30 minutes to fully wake up each day. Even though keto has corrected my sleep cycles, I still probably wouldn’t call myself a morning person!
Sleep & Keto
Have any of you noticed improvements with sleep via keto? I used to always wake up at about 2 am every single morning. That no longer happens and I am grateful for that!
Hope you enjoy!
Keto Bacon Weave Breakfast Pizza
- 16 slices bacon
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 4 oz Original Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Chicken Bone Broth
- 3/4 tsp Pink Salt
- 0.5 tsp Black Pepper
- 0.5 tsp Xantham Gum
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 6 large Eggs
- 2 oz Manchego Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Pink Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Parsley Flakes
- Fresh Parsley - for Topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, 177 degrees C. Lay silicone mat on baking sheet. (Parchment paper is also fine.)
- Begin to weave your bacon. Lay 8 strips horizontally as close to each other as possible. Season with black pepper.
- Starting with the first piece of bacon, lift up and fold back the end as much as you can. Do this for every other piece of bacon. Place a bacon slice vertically to the rows of bacon, directly on top of the bacon strips not folded back.
- Next, start with the 2nd piece of bacon and follow the same instruction as above. Do this for the 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 8th slices of bacon.
- Continue weaving until you've used all 8 slices, consistently alternating between starting with the 1st or 2nd slice of bacon and then focusing on every other slice.
- Once you are done, bake your bacon for about 25-30 minutes, depending on your preferred level of crispiness. I baked mine for exactly 29 minutes.
- Prepare your ingredients for your eggs: salt, pepper, and parsley. Place next to your skillet. Also, go ahead and measure your cheese and have it nearby as well.
- In a skillet, over medium-low heat, add your butter. Once melted, add your eggs. Begin to stir non-stop. You should stir for the entire duration of the time your eggs are cooked.
- When eggs are nearly done, add your cheese and spices/seasonings (salt, pepper, parsley). Stir until incorporated and until eggs are fully cooked.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- You can use the same skillet, or get a different one. If using the same skillet, be sure to wipe it down.
- Over medium-high heat, add your bone broth, heavy whipping cream, and cream cheese. Continue to stir until cream cheese melts.
- Add your spices: salt and black pepper.
- Cook your sauce for at least 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 10 minutes, add your xantham gum. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Continue to stir occasionally and allow the sauce to thicken. This should take another 5-10 minutes. You can add more xantham gum if necessary, but definitely add it very gradually (about 1/8 tsp at a time).
- Once bacon is cooled, you are ready to assemble your pizza. Pour your sauce over the top and spread it out. Next, add eggs. Top with fresh parsley. Serve and enjoy!