This Keto Chicken Enchilada Soup is very hearty and creamy, with a bit of a kick! It’s a perfect Mexican dish. With a few shortcuts, you will have this soup prepared in no time.
Process / Ingredients
In fact, this is my version of a very easy Keto Chicken Enchilada Soup. My main secrets are that: I used canned chicken, canned chiles, and frozen cauliflower. Despite these shortcuts, this soup turned out very flavorful! Better yet, no one had any idea that canned chicken was even incorporated! (Of course there is goat cheese included in this recipe as well! I am clearly a fan of goat cheese.) I’d definitely recommend you make this soup on the days you have a lot going on, or are strapped for time. It makes a wonderfully filling and satisfying meal.
Quick & Easy to Make
For instance, this soup recently worked out perfectly for me, as I am preparing for a certification exam. My exam is tomorrow. Because of this, I have had even less time than typical. I didn’t have the time to spend on preparing each ingredient for this meal. However, luckily this soup still turned out really well. I think it’d also be perfect for those of you with kids, and with many night-time events, etc.
I hope that you are able to make this soup for your loved ones soon and that you enjoy it as much as we did!
If you love this recipe, be sure to check out another of my very creamy soups, with jalapeno involved – https://ambersketokitchen.com/2018/10/15/keto-slow-cooker-sirloin-steak-soup/
Keto Chicken Enchilada Soup
Chicken Enchilada Soup:
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 medium Shallot
- 1 bag Frozen Cauliflower Florets
- 4 5 oz Cans of Chicken *Drained
- 3.5 oz Green Chiles
- 1/2 juice Lemon
- 2 cups Chicken Bone Broth
- 6 oz Montchevre Cheese
- 1 small Jalapeno
Spices & Seasonings:
- 1.75 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne *You can add gradually to determine your preference on amount
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Chipotle Chili Powder *You can add gradually to determine your preference on amount
- In a soup pot, or dutch oven, over medium-high heat, add your olive oil and shallot. Cook until shallot is golden.
- Microwave your bag of frozen cauliflower according to package's instructions.
- Once cauliflower is ready, add it to pot.
- Next, add the chicken and chiles to your pot.
- Continue stirring all ingredients and breaking down the cauliflower as necessary.
- Add your lemon juice. Then, add your chicken bone broth. Allow to cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Add all of your goat cheese and jalapeno. Reduce heat to simmer. Stir the cheese until fully incorporated. Then, allow soup to simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve and enjoy!!