Hands down, my favorite dessert is cheesecake! I passed my certification exam, so what better way to celebrate than with cheesecake? Of course, the cheesecake I made only resulted in 4.25 carbs per slice! Also, it had tons of fat – 37 total grams. We actually ended up eating this for breakfast. I ate vegetables for lunch, so I figured it’s all about balance, right? Also, we had 2 slices a piece. Feel free to double up on servings, depending on what you’re having the rest of the day. For instance, we had buffalo chicken dip for lunch – which has very few carbs, so the breakfast splurge was okay!
One note – if you like a firmer cheesecake, omit the heavy cream. Also, if you do really prefer a much firmer cheesecake, you can put it in the freezer for about an hour before eating. You can also freeze any leftovers. However, how/why would you end up with leftovers?
Note that below, you can:
- adjust the serving sizes
- review the nutrition label
- review the health benefits per this recipe’s star ingredient
Keto Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache
- 1/4 cup Melted Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 2 tbsp Swerve/Erythritol (Confectioners)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 large Eggs
- 16 oz Original Cream Cheese *Room Temperature
- 1/2 cup Swerve/Erythritol
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 120 Lily's Chocolate Chips
- 1/8 cup Unsweetened Milkadamia Milk
- 2-3 tbsp Swerve/Erythritol *Taste to confirm preferred sweetness
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, 177 degrees C.
- Combine all ingredients to a mixing bowl, first almond flour, then swerve, salt, then melted butter, and finally vanilla extract. Mix completely.
- Spray an 8 inch springform pan with cooking spray. (I use ghee.)
- Using your fingers, push the crust into the springform pan, spreading until evenly distributed.
- Bake crust for 8-10 minutes, depending on your oven. Be sure to check after about 7 minutes.
- Using a stand mixer, add your cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, and swerve. Mix on medium speed.
- Next, add 1 egg at a time. Then, add vanilla extract and cinnamon. Continue to mix on medium speed until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Place aluminum foil around your spingform pan. Add your filling to your crust. Place your springform pan into a rectangular cake pan. Add 2-3 cups of water to your cake pan to create a water bath.
- Bake cheesecake for about 55 minutes at 325 degrees F, 163 degrees C. You will know your cheesecake is done when you gently shake it and it only slightly jiggles in the middle.
- Once cheesecake is cooled, use a knife to separate the edges. Unlatch your springform pan. Allow cheesecake to continue to cool.
- You can use your microwave to create this ganache.
- Mix Lily's chocolate chips, swerve, salt and milk together. Microwave for 15 second increments, stirring each time, until everything is melted and incorporated.
- You'll want a thin ganache so you can easily drizzle it over the top of your cheesecake.
- You can use a spoon or pastry bag to add your ganache to your cheesecake.
- Feel free to top with fruit, such as raspberries or strawberries. Before enjoying, make sure you refrigerate your cheesecake for at least 12 hours!