When I woke up this morning, I discovered that our deck was covered in a bit of snow. It’s only mid-October. What’s it like where you are? Do you like fall or winter, or miss summer already? I’m a bit more indifferent these days, since I work from home. However, with this weather, I’ll be focusing even more on comfort foods. Due to the cold, I created a keto sirloin steak soup today, which is both comforting and also has a slight kick, to warm you up. As a bonus, radishes were included – which in the keto world, tend to mimic potatoes!
My husband classified this soup as, “The best soup I’ve ever made for him.” It is filling, packed with vegetables, super creamy, and very flavorful! As a very added bonus, this steak soup can be made in a slow cooker/crockpot. It doesn’t get much better than that! It’s delicious and it requires very little effort!
If you decide NOT to use a slow cooker, you’ll probably want to add more bone broth, about 1/2 cup more, to ensure you have enough liquids. However, I do recommend using the slow cooker, if at all possible!
You’ll notice the meat in this soup is done after about 3 hours on high. Really, anything done past this is a matter of bringing out the flavors further. Trust me on this, you can follow the steps and still have tender meat (and vegetables). Also, you will end up with a very comforting soup!
Note that below you can:
- adjust the serving sizes
- review the nutrition label
- review the health benefits per this recipe’s star ingredient
Keto Slow Cooker Sirloin Steak Soup
- 2 pieces Angus Sirloin Steaks (Center Cut)
- 1/4 cup Chopped Yellow Onion
- 4 large Celery Stalks
- 1 cup Sliced Radishes *About 8 radishes total
- 1 medium Jalapeno
- 1.5 cups Beef Bone Broth
- 3/4 tsp Xantham Gum
- 5 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 6 oz Manchego Cheese
- 4 oz Original Cream Cheese
Spices & Seasonings:
- 2 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1.5 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Basil
- 1 tsp Rosemary
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Clean and cut all of your produce. Dice your onion, slice your celery, slice your radishes, and slice your jalapeno.
- Add butter to bottom of crock pot. Next, add all of your produce: onion, celery, radishes, and jalapeno.
- Add your steak to the crock pot.
- Then, add all bone broth. Make sure everything is submerged via the broth, including the meat, so that the meat becomes as tender as possible.
- Finally, add all seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, basil, and rosemary. Ensure everything is mixed as much as possible. Top with a bay leaf.
- Turn your slow cooker on High for 4 hours.
- After 3 hours has passed, uncover your crock pot. Confirm your vegetables are tender; if not, cook for another 30 minutes.
- Once set, remove your bay leaf. Remove your steak - and cut into small pieces. Add steak back to your soup.
- Then add your cheese: cream cheese and manchego. Stir everything until completely incorporated and cream cheese has melted.
- Next, add your xantham gum. Let slow cooker cook for another 30 minutes.
- Feel free to top with fresh parsley. Serve and enjoy!!