This Keto Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Ribs & Salad recipe is deceptively easy to make! The ribs, paired with the BBQ sauce, are tender, sweet, and smoky. Slow cooked in the slow cooker, the meat is cooked beautifully! Despite being delicious, I’ve included a salad, so there’s plenty of balance! Can you believe how healthy radishes are for you?
Slow Cooker & Sauces
Fortunately, the slow cooker makes amazingly tender meat and provides a lot of time saving benefits. However, it fails with sauces. I never add items like barbecue sauce to a slow cooker, as I know I’ll end up with a thin, disappointing sauce. Rather than trying to make the sauce thick enough to (maybe) handle the slow cooker, I take a different approach. I cook my meats in bone broth via the slow cooker for 4 hours on high. Then, upon removing the meat, I apply the sauce and then broil it via the oven. This perfects it – without having to worry about any impacts to your sauce!
BBQ Sauce for Pork Ribs
Despite adding a step for broiling, this recipe for Keto Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Ribs & Salad is still overly easy. The most work you’ll do is by making your keto friendly barbecue sauce. However, even this will not take very long.
You won’t need your chicken bone broth, once your pork is cooked. However, you can set it aside and create some sort of gravy, etc. so you don’t waste it. I have a recipe for biscuits with sausage gravy on my website. You can check it out here: https://ambersketokitchen.com/recipe/keto-biscuits-and-gravy/
Hope you enjoy!
If you love this recipe, be sure to also check out another one of my pork ribs recipes: https://ambersketokitchen.com/2019/04/22/keto-honey-mustard-bbq-pork-ribs-potatoes/
Keto Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Ribs with Salad
Pork - Crock Pot:
- 6 Pork Shoulder Country Style Ribs
- 1 tsp Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 cup Chicken Bone Broth
- 1/2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1.5 oz Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp Heinz Reduced Sugar Ketchup
- 2.6 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (8 tsp)
- 2.6 tbsp Brown Sugar (Sukrin Gold) (8 tsp)
- 1 tbsp Swerve (Confectioners)
- 0.5 tsp Paprika
- 0.5 tsp Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne
- 1/4 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce
- 2/3 cup Sliced Radishes
- 2 oz Manchego Cheese
- 4 tbsp Real French Vinaigrette Dressing
Pork Ribs & BBQ Sauce:
- Salt and pepper your pork ribs on both sides. Place them in a crock pot. Add chicken bone broth to crock pot. Turn on High for 4 hours.
- After about 3.5 hours, begin to make barbecue sauce.
- Over medium-high heat, add the following ingredients to a small pan: butter, tomato paste, and ketchup. Gradually stir in apple cider vinegar. Finally, add swerve/brown sugar.
- After a couple of minutes with occasional stirring, add all spices/seasonings: paprika, garlic, onion, salt, cayenne, and chili powder.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; allow sauce to simmer for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Once pork ribs are done cooking, place them on a baking sheet, using a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Using a basting brush, apply your barbecue sauce to the top and sides of the pork ribs.
- Broil the ribs and sauce for 3 minutes in the oven.
- Chop your romaine and slice your radishes. Add shredded cheese. Top with salad dressing and toss to combine. Add black pepper on top. Serve and enjoy!