Here is my broccoli cheddar steak soup. It is a very comforting meal, as it continues to get colder! This is an easy meal to make. Using an instant pot for the steak, you are looking at less than an hour, and closer to 30 minutes, to have this soup ready.
I am including this meal as 4 total servings, as I know not everyone does intermittent fasting as strongly as we do. We only eat from around 7 am – 1 pm each day. Thus, our calories come in bulk and via 2 meals. However, feel free to combine this to 2 meals, if do you happen to intermittent fast as well! Unlike from past carbage days, 5.5 hours after eating lunch, I am still stuffed – and couldn’t imagine eating anything at this point! In fact, food wouldn’t have likely crossed my mind again, if it wasn’t for this post I am creating. =) (I suppose this is another NSV!!)
How is the keto lifestyle working for everyone? My husband has lost all extra weight quickly. From my perspective – balancing hormones and reducing inflammation, I know it’ll take a bit longer for me. However, I am down 30 lbs, so I think that’s something to celebrate!
Let me know what’s working or isn’t working for you! I hope you find a non scale victory (NSV) today as well – and treat yourself! For instance, I can now fit into clothes I haven’t for a while, and thus have a new wardrobe. I think for choosing this lifestyle, the general consensus is to celebrate the bravery associated to taking such a bold direction in life.
Cheesy Broccoli Steak Soup
- 4 pieces Angus Sirloin Steaks
- Salt and Pepper - Steaks
- 1 frozen bag Broccoli Florets
- 1 large Chopped Jalapeno
- 1/4 cup Chopped Yellow Onion
- 6 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cups Chicken Bone Broth
- 0.5 cup Beef Bone Broth
- 3/4 tsp Xantham Gum
Spices & Seasonings:
- 2 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Rosemary
- 1 tbsp Chives (Topping)
- If possible, use an instant pot to cook your steak. It'll be moist and tender! If not possible, you can also use a crock pot, or a skillet. If using an instant pot, season your steak with salt and pepper and place the steaks in the instant pot liner with 1 cup of water.
- Set for 15 minutes of pressure cooking.
- Allow for 5 minutes of natural release, then manually release remaining steam.
- If not already completed, chop onion and jalapeno. In a non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat, add onion and jalapeno.
- Microwave bag of frozen broccoli, according to package's instructions.
- After a few minutes of onion/jalapeno cooking, and once onion becomes golden, add broth to skillet. Then, add broccoli to skillet.
- Next, add all spices/seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic, paprika, chili powder, oregano, and rosemary.
- If steak is ready from instant pot cooking, and meat has rested for 5-10 minutes, go ahead and cut your steaks into bite sized pieces.
- Add your steak to your soup. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Gradually add in all shredded cheese, about 1/4 at a time. Once add amount, stir, then continue to add.
- Finally, add xantham gum. Once stirred in, allow soup to simmer until fully thickened. This can take anywhere from 5-10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!!