This recipe for Keto Baked Shrimp Scampi Pasta requires baking. However, I did pre-cook the noodles and the shrimp. Because of this, you may want to reserve just a bit of extra time when making this. However, once you have the shrimp and noodles ready to go, it’s very hands off after that, since it’s just a matter of waiting on it to be finished via the oven.
In retrospect, it would’ve been nice to have tailless shrimp on hand for this recipe. I personally did not. Because of this, I did a very quick saute in a pan to make their tails easily removable from their frozen state. That is the only reason. If you have tailless shrimp accessible, then don’t bother with the extra step of cooking the shrimp! Just baking them will be perfectly fine.
My response to this recipe was a love (obsession) of the buttery goodness! Everything melted in my mouth with flavorful bursts of parsley, basil, garlic, etc. It definitely hit the spot!
Like I’ve stated in the past, in terms of keto, everything is now renamed for me. I forget to call brown sugar the keto substitute names. I need to at least probably say I am using enhanced brown sugar. In my mind, I am using something like Sukrin Gold or Swerve, Brown, which to me, is the real deal – and truly is my brown sugar
I used specialty keto-approved noodles for this meal. Again, with the renaming, just ‘pasta’. If you haven’t ever used these noodles, you should give them a try! You can find them here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BTMDALO/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00BTMDALO&linkCode=as2&tag=ambersketokit-20&linkId=bf9deb716f20e1ad972c36d521fe07ae
I think it’s hard for most to know what’s happening with blood sugars behind the scenes based on foods we eat. Unless you’re type 1 diabetic like me, I’m sure you feel the results, but I am always presented with tangible numbers, since I must test my blood sugars. I wanted to share some ‘before’ and ‘afters’ in this regard. Before keto, I was taking at least over 100 units of insulin a day. Of course, if I were to have pasta, my overall daily total would be even higher. For a meal like authentic (not keto) pasta, I would usually need at least 35 units of insulin – for just that ONE meal. These days, my insulin daily total is closer to 30 total units! I think this is a pretty amazing difference! More importantly, these days, it’s more routine. The insulin I take doesn’t vary these days, since my carb intake is so strict. This is the way it should be!
Keto Baked Shrimp Scampi Pasta
- 2 packages Miracle Noodles (Angel Hair)
- 24 Shrimp *I used frozen, raw, tail on
- 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Chicken Bone Broth
- 1/4 cup Yellow Onion
- 1.5 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tsp Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Basil
- 1/2 tsp Rosemary
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tsp Fresh Parsley
- Begin boiling water in preparation for your noodles. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, 177 degrees C.
- Rinse your miracle noodles in water. *I use shears to cut mine so they're smaller and easier to work with. Once rinsed for a few minutes, or according to the package's instruction, boil the noodles for about 5 minutes.
- After you've boiled the noodles for several minutes, drain them, and set them aside.
- Using a skillet, reduce your heat to medium-high. Begin to pan sear your shrimp, to make tails easily removable from the frozen shrimp. (You don't need to fully cook, as they'll be baked to finish their cooking.) Set aside for cooling.
Shrimp Scampi Bake:
- Remove shrimp tails once cooled enough.
- Using at least a 10 x 6 baking dish, lay shrimp evenly across the bottom.
- Next, add seasonings of minced garlic and red pepper flakes. Top with all of the butter allotted. Add chicken bone broth.
- Then, lay the miracle noodles across the top. Add final seasonings/spices: salt, pepper, basil, rosemary, garlic powder, and fresh parsley. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes.
- Top with fresh parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!!