These Keto Loaded Breakfast Biscuits are so light and fluffy! They have a great texture, for a rewarding breakfast or brunch. They are packed with eggs, bacon, and cheese, so they’re very filling, but still have great macros.
Macros for Keto Loaded Breakfast Biscuits
There are only 12 carbs in 2 biscuits! Keep in mind, according to Biscuits Nutritional Information, there are around 40 carbs in just 1 standard medium sized biscuit – for a total of 80 carbs for 2! This would be the quickest way to send yourself on a blood sugar rollercaster and feeling miserable. Fortunately, these keto biscuits will not do that.
For example: my blood sugar started at 84 today. After eating, and two hours later, it is 113. Basically, these are pretty perfect numbers! Additionally, I only had to take 5 units of insulin. If I was eating standard biscuits, that are not keto friendly, I’d probably need closer to 15-20 units of insulin. Such a difference!
These biscuits are so easy to make! I made them at night and simply warmed them up in the morning. All you really need to do is pre-cook your eggs and bacon. From there, it’s a simple mixing approach. Like I said, these are great to make at night, so keep in mind they’ll probably last 3-4 days in your fridge.
Outside of today’s recipe, I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Halloween! How are you celebrating? If you haven’t yet made my pumpkin cookies, you should go ahead and do that now! https://ambersketokitchen.com/recipe/keto-pumpkin-cookies-with-cinnamon-glaze/
These cookies are super, super sweet. I think they rival any possible candy! You could give them a try tonight and then follow up with the breakfast biscuits tomorrow morning!!
Keto Loaded Breakfast Biscuits
- 2.5 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Swerve (Confectioners)
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Unsweetened Milkadamia Milk
- 4 slices Bacon
- Dash of Black Pepper Bacon
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 4 large Eggs, Scrambled
- 2 oz Manchego Cheese
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp Parsley Flakes
- 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter (1 tbsp per 4 servings)
Bacon & Eggs:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F, 204 degrees C. If possible, use silicone mats to line your baking sheet. Parchment paper will also work.
- In a skillet, over medium-high heat, fry your bacon. Season with black pepper. You'll want it mostly done, but not fully crispy, as it'll continue cooking while baking.
- Once bacon is cooked, set aside. Add your butter to skillet with bacon grease. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Once butter is melted, add your eggs for scrambling. Once eggs are added, stir non-stop. You should stir for the duration of the time they are cooked - without stopping!
- When eggs are still slightly runny, add your cheese and spices (salt, black pepper, and parsley). Stir until completely incorporated and eggs are mostly cooked, but slightly underdone. Remove from pan.
- Melt your butter - either over medium-low heat or via the microwave. If using your microwave, use 30 second increments. Set aside to cool.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all of your dry ingredients: almond flour, baking powder, erythritol/swerve and salt.
- Combine your wet ingredients: butter, milk, and egg. Then, add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- If eggs/bacon are cool enough by now, go ahead and cut your bacon. Next, fold your eggs/bacon gently into the biscuits mixture.
- Form 8 medium sized biscuits. Bake for about 14-18 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!!