I’m sure most of you have heard about and have eaten typical keto pizza crusts. For instance, in the keto world, there are: chicken pizza crusts, beef pizza ‘meatza’ crusts, cauliflower crusts, crustless/cheese crusts, and the infamous fathead crusts. I am presenting, to my knowledge, the first Keto Chorizo Crust Breakfast Pizza! The chorizo actually baked really well as a crust. It ended up crispy and firm enough to hold the toppings. I didn’t eat it like a slice of pizza, just because chorizo is a bit greasy. However, you very well can. I was able to pick up a piece without it falling apart!
The flavor of this Keto Chorizo Crust Breakfast Pizza is out of this world! At first, I was thinking about adding pepperoni, onion, etc. as the toppings, since I was thinking about pizza. However, as I thought about it more, I knew it would make the perfect breakfast pizza – paired with eggs. The sauce is creamy and cheesy with typical pizza flavoring. I think I’ll use it even more moving forward!
For tips on the creamiest scrambled eggs possible, refer to my recipe here: https://ambersketokitchen.com/recipe/keto-scrambled-eggs-and-bacon/
This recipe really does not take very long to make. All together, it took about 30-40 minutes total to prepare this pizza. Most of the time (20 minutes) was tied to baking. Preparation of the crust was about 5 minutes, making the sauce took about 3-5 minutes, and making the scrambled eggs took another few minutes. Thus, you’re only looking at about 10 minutes of hands-on effort! Otherwise, it’s simply a matter of waiting. Trust me, this pizza is well worth the wait!
Hope you enjoy!
If you love this pizza, then I recommend you try this pizza as well – https://ambersketokitchen.com/2019/07/10/keto-breakfast-pizza-casserole/
Keto ORIGINAL Chorizo Crust Breakfast Pizza
- 7 oz Chorizo
- 4 oz Manchego Cheese
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 oz Original Cream Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Dash of Cayenne
- 1/2 tsp Pizza Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 4 large Eggs, Scrambled
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Parsley Flakes
- 1 oz Manchego Cheese
- *Topped with Fresh Parsley
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F, 204 degrees C.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine all crust ingredients: chorizo, manchego, eggs, and spices/seasonings: salt, black pepper, italian seasoning, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Using your hands (and optionally disposable gloves), mix ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Place a 9 inch springform pan on top of a baking sheet.
- Next, place the crust mixture into the springform pan, spreading with your fingers until flat. With the mixture, I went about an inch up around the sides, to form more of a crust.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until fully cooked.
- While crust is baking, begin making the pizza sauce. In a small skillet, over medium-high heat, add your cream cheese and heavy whipping cream.
- Next, add your spices/seasonings: salt, pepper, cayenne, pizza seasoning, and garlic.
- Stir or whisk regularly, until the cream cheese melts and incorporates. Once combined, set aside.
- In a medium skillet, over medium heat, add your butter to the skillet. Once butter is fully melted, add all eggs.
- Immediately season with salt, pepper, and parsley. Stir vigorously, without stopping, for the duration of the cooking time.
- Cook until done; set aside.
- The crust should now be ready. Feel free to dab with paper towels to remove some of the chorizo grease.
- Next, add the creamy sauce. Add the manchego cheese. Then, top with scrambled eggs.
- Bake for another 3 minutes, or until ingredients are fully warmed.
- Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve and enjoy!!