These Keto Maple Pecan Dark Chocolate Candies are so rich and sweet! The crunch of the pecans, paired with plenty of maple, results in a very delightful candy. They are pleasantly sweet, yet a bit salty, with the pecans! Thus, they are pretty well balanced.
Growing up, my mom would make peanut chocolate drops. I was thinking of them when I came up with these Keto Maple Pecan Dark Chocolate Candies. The major differences here are that these include a few more ingredients and I made them frozen. In fact, I made the chocolate quite thin, due to eventually planning to freeze the treats anyway. If you don’t want them frozen, just add significantly less milkadamia milk and they’ll be fine. This way, they can be formed, sit out and harden. Per what the recipe calls for, they aren’t going to harden (well), unless frozen.
Overall, these were so easy to make! With making so many, we actually had them for breakfast as a delightful treat. =) It really won’t take you hardly any time at all and I am sure you will love them!
Keep in mind these are addictive, but very satiating. Per serving (1 candy), there are 4 carbs, 85 calories, and 9 grams of fat! Not too bad. I used a whole bar of Lily’s dark chocolate. Per my calculations, I 100% subtracted the erythritol from the bar, but not the fiber. Thus, for the entire bar, I specified that it’d result in 24 total carbs. In reality, erythritol has 0% impact on blood sugars, confirmed personally by me. Thus, it’s the only thing I subtract completely. I still count fiber in terms of keeping track of my total carbs for the day.
OPTIONAL – HEART SILICONE MOLD:
For fun, I did form these into hearts, via my silicone mold. This is obviously optional, but will make the specific amount I call out. If interested, you can purchase the mold here/review the dimensions: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HB5576O/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00HB5576O&linkCode=as2&tag=ambersketokit-20&linkId=2d63c8863c5eedebd15a127984189a36
Keto Maple Pecan Dark Chocolate Candies
- 1 bar (2.8 oz) Lily's 70% Dark Chocolate
- 1/3 cup Vanilla Unsweetened Milkadamia Milk
- 4 tbsp Swerve Granular
- 1 tbsp Maple Extract
- 1 cup Chopped Pecans
- In a small microwave safe bowl, add your chocolate and milk. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, then microwave again for another 30 seconds. Then, stir for at least 15-30 seconds. In total, it only took 1 minute for everything to be melted, after ample stirring.
- Once chocolate is fully melted, add the remaining ingredients: swerve, maple extract, and chopped pecans. Stir completely.
- Once ingredients are mixed, add them to your silicone mold to form the candies.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours.