If you are missing takeout, then this meal is for you! This is my Keto Cheesy Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice recipe. This dish has all of the typical fried rice flavor, without the massive amount of carbs!
Does anyone else remember the carb days of eating rice/takeout/carbage, then needing to eat again 5 or so hours later? That is not the case with this meal! You’ll notice my keto version is tremendously more filling/satiating than any takeout! In fact, we can eat this at 1 pm and then not eat again until the next morning. Even better, this is a very easy one skillet meal to make.
Note that with this recipe, and to save time, I used frozen riced cauliflower. If you only have a fresh head of cauliflower, feel free to just break it into smaller pieces and then pulse it in your food processor. Ensure you cook it thoroughly over medium-high heat in a skillet, for about 10-15 minutes before following the rest of my instructions.
With this Keto Cheesy Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice recipe, I kept the ingredients very keto friendly, of course. I focused on butter and olive oil. I stayed far away from canola or vegetable oil, which are very inflammatory! Also, I used coconut aminos rather than soy sauce, etc. I actually avoid anything soy! In the past, when I was vegan, I found it disrupted my blood sugars quite significantly. For instance, to compare, I would need more units of insulin eating tofu vs. this meal of cheesy chicken cauliflower fried rice – if consuming the same amount of carbs overall.
Hope you enjoy!
If you love this recipe, then I recommend you give this recipe a try as well – https://ambersketokitchen.com/2018/09/20/keto-pork-fried-rice/
Keto Cheesy Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice
Cheesy Chicken Fried Rice:
- 2 bags Cauliflower Rice (Frozen)
- 8 oz Chicken Season with salt/pepper, to taste
- 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 medium Green Bell Pepper
- 1 medium Chopped Jalapeno
- 1/4 cup Chopped Yellow Onion
- 3 large Eggs
- 4 oz Manchego Cheese
- 1 tbsp Pink Salt
- 1.5 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Coconut Aminos
- 0.5 tsp Cumin
- 0.5 tsp Chili Powder
- 1.5 tsp Garlic Powder
- Garnish with Green Onions Optional
- Microwave your frozen riced cauliflower, per the instructions on the packages. Set aside once microwaved.
- Slightly season your chicken with salt/pepper, to taste. In a skillet, over medium-high heat, cook both pieces of your chicken in butter. Cook until chicken reaches a temperature of 165 degrees F, 74 degrees C. Set aside.
- Chop your jalapeno, onion, and bell pepper.
- Add your olive oil and vegetables (jalapeno, onion, and bell pepper) to the skillet. Cook just a couple of minutes, until onions are translucent and vegetables are slightly tender.
- Next, add your cauliflower. Cook in skillet for another 5-10 minutes.
- Add your spices/seasonings: salt, pepper, coconut aminos, cumin, chili powder, and garlic.
- Next, add your eggs and scramble them into the rice, until eggs are cooked through.
- Cut your chicken into small pieces and add it back to to skillet. Finally, add manchego cheese. Mix together. Let dish cook for another 5 minutes, until cheese is melted and fully incorporated.
- Optioanlly, garnish with green onions. Serve and enjoy!!