This Keto Creamy Chicken and Cauliflower Casserole is so quick and easy to make, but the results are out of this world! If you like a little bit of a kick to your food, or love anything creamy, then this is the perfect meal for you. It makes a perfect lunch, based on the macros. It’s low carb, yet still contains vegetables and vital nutrients. The protein/fat combination is also pretty good. For one serving of this Keto Creamy Chicken and Cauliflower Casserole, it’s about 67% fat, 30% protein, and 3% carb. Two hours after eating lunch, I am still energetic and ready to get things done! So thankful that I do not have carb overloads anymore and suffer from the negative results!
Slow Cooking Option for Chicken & Cauliflower Casserole
If at all possible, this meal is really enhanced if you slow cook the chicken. What I did is actually slow cooked chicken yesterday and used the remaining half today. Such preparation really moves meals along and takes away a lot of the effort! If not possible, then I’d recommend you cook your chicken in the butter listed as an ingredient for this recipe. That way, you’ll still have great flavor!
Also, if you are looking for the perfect dish to prepare this meal in, then look no further. You can find it here!
Hope you enjoy!
Note that if you love this recipe, then I know you’ll love this recipe as well – https://ambersketokitchen.com/2018/11/06/keto-green-bean-casserole-with-chicken/
Keto Creamy Chicken and Cauliflower Rice Casserole
Creamy Chicken & Cauliflower:
- 12 oz Chicken, Shredded Season with salt/pepper, to taste
- 8 slices Bacon, Garnishment Season with black pepper, to taste
- Green Onion, Garnishment
- 1 large Chopped Jalapeno
- 1 medium Shallot
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 4 oz Original Cream Cheese
- 4 oz Goat Cheese Log, Montchevre
- 1 frozen bag Riced Cauliflower (*Bird's Eye) season with salt/pepper, to taste
Spices & Seasonings:
- 1 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Season chicken with salt/pepper. Slow cook your chicken on High, for 4 hours (or cook chicken in pan, using butter).
- Once chicken is fully cooked, go ahead and shred it. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, 177 degrees C.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, add your bacon. Season with black pepper. Cook until preferred level of crispiness. After bacon is cooked, set aside.
- Chop your jalapeno and shallot. Caramelize your shallot and cook your jalapeno in the bacon grease.
- To an 8 x 8 in dish, add your butter. Next, add your shallot and jalapeno.
- Then, add your cream cheese and montchevre.
- Add your chicken and all of your spices and seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic, red pepper flakes, and italian seasoning. Mix together as much as you can. Don't worry if it isn't fully incorporated; we'll stir again later!
- Bake dish for 10 minutes, at 350 degrees F / 177 degrees C.
- Microwave 1 bag of frozen riced cauliflower, according to package's instructions.
- Cut your bacon into bite sized pieces. Also, chop your green onion.
- After finished baking for 10 minutes, remove dish from oven and stir. Stir in the riced cauliflower. Season cauliflower with salt and pepper. Mix completely.
- Garnish dish with bacon and green onions. Bake for another 5 minutes, at 350 degrees F, 177 degrees C.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!