This Keto Beef & Sausage Fettuccine Pasta Bake is delicious! The pasta bake is unbelievably creamy with a delicious layer of crispy cheese on top. It’s very similar to spaghetti with a meat sauce. The noodles taste and look quite authentic, considering they’re basically 0 carbs! Fortunately, despite being low carb, this Keto Beef & Sausage Fettucine Pasta Bake is also very filling! I was completely full and remained that way – several hours after eating.
To make this pasta, I used miracle noodles. If you have never used miracle noodles, please note that you can find them here. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BTMDALO/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00BTMDALO&linkCode=as2&tag=ambersketokit-20&linkId=58d35a8b50944bbee7ce1a11ed66441e
Cheese Substitutes for Keto Beef & Sausage Fettuccine Pasta Bake
In typical fashion, I used goat/sheep cheese for this meal. I’d strongly recommend you incorporate the same cheeses! If not possible, cream cheese could substitute montchevre somewhat closely. Also, mozzarella could substitute the manchego cheese topping. Above all, feel free to use what works best for you!
It’s crazy to think that with a standard pasta bake (real spaghetti, etc.) I’d need closer to 30-40 units of insulin! Per my keto version, I only took 5 units of insulin. In addition, after waiting 2 hours and retesting, my blood sugar was 73! Thus, this recipe is Type 1 diabetic tested and approved!
In short, it’s important to limit overall insulin needs. By doing so, you’ll age less quickly. That is, low insulin levels can starve off infection and age-related diseases such as cancer, dementia, and stroke. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/06/040603064935.htm
If you love this recipe, be sure to look for other recipes I’ve created with Miracle Noodles. For instance, you can try this as well – https://ambersketokitchen.com/2018/12/21/keto-spinach-sausage-fettuccine/
Hope you enjoy!
Keto Beef & Sausage Fettuccine Pasta Bake
- 3 packages Miracle Noddles (Fettuccine)
- 8 oz Grass Fed Ground Beef
- 6 oz Sausage
- 1/4 cup Chopped Yellow Onion
- 1 cup Marinara Sauce by Rao's
- 2 oz Montchevre Cheese
- 4 oz Manchego Cheese
Spices & Seasonings:
- 1.5 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tbsp Parsley Flakes
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, 177 degrees C.
- Chop your onion. In an oven safe skillet, over medium-high heat, cook your onion for a couple of minutes. Next, add your sausage and beef. Cook thoroughly, until meat is no longer pink.
- To meat and onion, add the Rao's sauce, montchevre and all spices/seasonings. Add: salt, pepper, oregano, parsley, basil, and garlic. Stir together. Reduce heat to medium-low; let simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a pot, over high heat, begin to boil water.
- Remove noodles from package. Rinse them in warm water for several minutes. (*Note I always include at least a few more minutes than what the package advises when rinsing. Also, I'd recommend cutting the noodles so that they are easier to cook/eat.)
- Add noodles to your boiling water. Cook for at least 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain noodles. Then, add back to pan to let cook for another couple of minutes and to remove moisture.
- Add fettuccine noodles to meat sauce. Mix together.
- Add all manchego cheese on top. Bake pasta for 15 minutes. Then, broil for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!!