For today’s recipe, I am sharing a deliciously tender Keto Pot Roast (Instant Pot). Based on the size of your pot roast, it will take about an hour to cook in the instant pot. Despite not taking as long to cook, it will still yield the same tender and juicy results as the slow cooker, of which would take closer to 3-4 x as long. I have always found the instant pot to be daunting. However, after today’s meal, I know we’ll need to use it more! The meat was so tender, juicy, and amazingly flavorful! Our feedback after every few bites was, “Wow!” I hope you give this recipe a try!
MACROS for Keto Pot Roast (Instant Pot):
Note that for 2.5 lbs of pot roast, you’ll be able to serve 5 people. Each serving of meat results in just 661 calories, 53 g of fat, 44 g of protein, and 0 carbs!
With our pot roast, we ate cauliflower mashed potatoes. I am not including the potatoes in this recipe, as they mimic what I have shared before. Feel free to look at this recipe if interested in incorporating mashed potatoes as well! https://ambersketokitchen.com/recipe/keto-meatloaf-with-cauliflower-mashed-potatoes/
Other great sides for this meal would be steamed broccoli or a side salad!
NON-SCALE VICTORIES (NSV’S):
I have pretty much stopped weighing myself. I am only focused on my health and non-scale victories (NSV) these days! Today, in particular, I noticed that my clothes are getting way too big. Eventually, I will need an entirely new wardrobe. Outside of clothes, I am focused on reducing inflammation as much as possible, which I believe I am doing. As I was explaining to someone last night, inflammation is the root of all trouble. The less, the better. With keto, I have more energy, less chronic pain, and blood sugar stability. Thus far, it’s offered the most advantages, flexibility, and stability in my life!
What are some NSV’s of yours recently on your ketogenic lifestyle??
Keto Pot Roast (Instant Pot)
- 2.5 lbs Beef Chuck Roast
- 2 cups Chicken Bone Broth
- 2 tbsp Liquid Aminos
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 tsp Pink Salt
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 2-3 Sprigs Fresh Thyme - for Topping Optional
- Place all spices and seasonings in large ziplog bag: salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, and oregano. Add half the chicken bone broth and all the liquid aminos. Close and shake bag. Then, add the chuck roast to the bag.
- Shake bag again. Allow mixture to cover chuck roast entirely. Let meat marinate in fridge for at least 2 hours, or overnight if possible.
- After marinating, pour remaining chicken bone broth into instant pot. Place chuck roast on top of trivet. Pour remaining marinade over the chuck roast. Top with butter.
- Set to pressure cook on High, per the meat setting, for about 50 minutes.
- Allow for 5 minutes of nature release, then manually release remaining steam.
- Transfer meat to a cutting board. Slice against the grain. Top with remaining sauce from instant pot. Enjoy!