Thanksgiving is almost here! Thus, I recently prepared these Keto Loaded Radishes (“Potatoes”). I wanted to share this recipe, for you to enjoy as well. I would recommend you make at least 10x the serving I specify, and wait to eat it last on Thanksgiving. If you start with it first, you may fill up completely on these loaded “potatoes” and not get to anything else! Seriously, these loaded radishes are that good! There is plenty of butter, the radishes taste just like potatoes, and there is bacon on top. What else could you ask for?!
Radishes are the New Cauliflower
I am going to go out on a limb and say radishes are the new cauliflower. It’s crazy how much much they mimic potatoes when cooked thoroughly/roasted. They lose all signs of bitterness. I am actually sad that I used all the radishes I had to make with this recipe, or I would be making more ASAP. Otherwise, I am actually glad to have a different vegetable to obsess over! As yummy and amazing as cauliflower is, variety is the spice of life. Besides, I think I consume enough cauliflower a week to max out on its benefits. Also, radishes are quite low carb! (For this recipe, each serving contains only 3 carbs total, 2 net!) I’ll have to see what else I can do with them. More to come soon!
Plans for Thanksgiving
With Thanksgiving less than a week away, you have to tell me, what’s your favorite side? Do you prefer the turkey, sides, or are you there just for desserts? Historically, I just wanted stuffing and rolls! I am working on recipes this weekend and I will be sharing them with you. I hope you incorporate them and love them as much as us!
Note that if you love this recipe, then I recommend you give this recipe a try as well – https://ambersketokitchen.com/2018/11/19/keto-pecan-cole-slaw/
Keto Loaded Radishes ("Potatoes")
- 2 bunches Medium Radishes (25 total)
- 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 tsp Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 8 slices Bacon (Will also use bacon grease)
- 2 oz Montchevre Cheese
- 3 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Fresh Parlsey - Topping Optional
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F, 204 degrees C.
- Thinly slice your radishes. Using half your butter, butter your baking sheet. Add your radishes to the baking sheet. Season the radishes with salt and pepper.
- Roast the radishes for 15 minutes. Toss them. Then, roast for another 5-15 minutes. You'll want to ensure they are fork tender and slightly browned!
- In a skillet, over medium-high heat, cook the bacon, per your preferred crispiness. Season with black pepper. Set aside. Once cooled, chop your bacon.
- Once radishes are done cooking, prepare small baking dish.
- Pour about 2 tbsp of the existing bacon grease into the baking dish. Next, add the radishes. Add your remaining butter.
- Then, add the crumbled montchevre cheese. Add 75% of the bacon.
- Finally, add the cheddar cheese. Top with the remaining bacon.
- Broil in the oven for 4-5 minutes.
- Top with fresh parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!!