This Keto Instant Pot Turkey Drumsticks and Gravy recipe is perfect for holidays, or truly any time! The meat of the turkey drumsticks is juicy and falls right off the bone. The drumsticks include a flavorful combination of brown sugar and coriander. The gravy is comforting and rich. Also, the gravy can also easily be paired with smooth and fluffy cauliflower mashed potatoes. Overall, this will be a comforting and delicious meal for you and your family!
Servings for Keto Instant Pot Turkey Drumsticks and Gravy
This recipe is definitely ideal for smaller families. On the other hand, you could always incorporate the same flavoring into a full sized turkey. Either way, I hope you love it!
Side for Turkey Drumsticks and Gravy
Although I pictured mashed potatoes in my photos, I am not including the mashed potatoes in this recipe. Mainly, I am not, because they almost mimic another recipe I’ve published. Here’s the existing recipe I followed: https://ambersketokitchen.com/recipe/keto-meatloaf-with-cauliflower-mashed-potatoes/ I varied from this recipe only slightly. For instance, I used a fresh head of cauliflower. Also, I added a couple of tablespoons of sour cream to make the potatoes ultra creamy, on top of including the cream cheese, etc. Overall, though, I took a very similar approach.
Here are some additional side ideas as well – https://www.health.com/food/keto-thanksgiving-sides
Thanksgiving is just 4 days away! I can’t believe it. I have the majority of the week off from work and I am looking forward to that! If any of you are traveling, I hope that you travel safely. Are there any fun destinations planned? Hopefully you are headed someplace warm!
I hope that you enjoy!
Keto Instant Pot Turkey Drumsticks and Gravy
- 3 medium Turkey Drumsticks
- 2 tsp Pink Salt
- 1.5 tsp Black Pepper
- 1.5 tsp Ground Coriander
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar (Sukrin Gold)
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 4 oz Original Cream Cheese
- 1/3 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Dried Sage
- 1 tsp Parsley Flakes
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 3/4 tsp Xantham Gum
- 1 tsp Decaf Coffee
- Season your turkey drumsticks with salt, pepper, coriander, brown sugar, and oregano.
- Pour your bone broth into your instant pot. Then, place trivet with turkey on top.
- Set for 20 minutes of High pressure (meat) cooking. (Ensure turkey reaches a safe to eat temperature of 165 degrees F, 74 degrees C.)
- Allow for 10 minutes of natural pressure release; then, manually release remaining steam.
- Place your turkey legs on a baking sheet. Broil in the oven for 4-5 minutes.
- After cooking the turkey, pour the bone broth from the instant pot into a medium sized skillet/pan, over medium-high heat.
- Add the cream cheese and heavy whipping cream. Whisk until incorporated.
- Add the spices/seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, and sage.
- Add the xantham gum to allow for thickening. If more is needed, you can add more, but add it very gradually, about 1/4 of a teaspoon at a time.
- To darken your gravy color, add the final ingredient: decaf coffee.
- Allow gravy to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!!