I had to create keto friendly cole slaw, to go along with some of the other Thanksgiving recipes I’ve recently provided! It’s a very creamy, light, and flavorful cole slaw! The ultra creamy dressing consists of mayo, mustard, swerve and white vinegar. This recipe is beyond quick and easy to make. I personally used angel hair cole slaw, so it was already chopped and ready to go. If you have a fresh head of cabbage, you could always use your food processor, though. The hardest part will be waiting on this cole slaw to refrigerate!
WHY AREN’T CARROTS INVOLVED?
This cole slaw does not include carrots. In the keto world, carrots are usually avoided simply due to their sugar and carb amount. Just 1 medium carrot has 6 total carbs, plus 3 grams of sugar! Thus, with this recipe, I focused on cabbage, celery, and pecans.
The mayo you choose to use is pretty important! I avoid all mayo with soybean oil or canola oil, etc. I strongly prefer and encourage extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil based mayo! Recently, I discovered that most restaurants use an outrageous amount of soybean oil in their foods. Just a bit of research online can see why this is so alarming. According to a recent study, soybean oil:
- Includes more weight gain and adiposity than fructose.
- Soybean oil also induces diabetes, glucose intolerance, and insulin resistance. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4511588/
Seriously, avoid the vegetable oils!
Mayo that I do recommend can be found here:
I hope that you enjoy this cole slaw! Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Keto Pecan Cole Slaw (Thanksgiving)
- 1/2 cup Mayo
- 3 tbsp Confectioners Swerve/Erythritol
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1.25 tbsp White Vinegar
- 1.25 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 4 cups Angel Hair Cole Slaw
- 1/4 cup Chopped Pecans
- 3 medium Celery Stalks
- Add your swerve, mayo, mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper, and garlic to a small mixing bowl.
- Whisk together until smooth.
- Add your angel hair cole slaw and diced celery to a serving bowl.
- Pour the cole slaw dressing over the cole slaw mix and stir to combine.
- Top with pecans.
- Refrigerate about 2 hours, then serve. Store in fridge for up to 3 days.