This Keto Sausage and Mushroom Egg Bake is so easy to make! Despite being easy, it’s delicious. Packed with protein and fat, it’s a perfect breakfast for anyone who is keto – or who wants to be a bit more low carb. It’s certainly very diabetic friendly as well. It provides perfect blood sugar control!
When I ate this, my fasting (morning) blood sugar was 72. After eating (and 2 hours later), it was 88. In fact, later that day, about 4 hours later – my blood sugar was still 88! Basically, for an entire day, my blood sugar stayed anywhere from 70 – 80. Such numbers are very ideal! From my experience, keto is the only way to achieve these types of blood sugar results! (I test so often because I’m a type 1 diabetic.)
Besides having blood sugar stability, I managed to sneak vegetables into this recipe – mushrooms – without anyone even noticing! They incorporate perfectly and are not overpowering. The dairy also really comes through and makes this a powerhouse breakfast. It’ll be hard to be hungry after eating this, even hours later.
This is my favorite type of breakfast to make, as it’s so easy. You just need to cook the sausage and mushrooms first. Then, you simply need to whisk the eggs and dairy together. Finally, you add it all to a pan/skillet and simply wait to enjoy it! It doesn’t get much easier, or yummier, than this.
Keto Sausage and Mushroom Egg Bake
- 6 large Eggs
- 4 oz Sausage
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 8 oz Portabella Mushrooms
- 4 tbsp Sour Cream
- 2/3 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1.5 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Parsley Flakes
- 2 Green Onions Topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, 177 degrees C.
- In an oven safe skillet, over medium-high heat, cook your sausage. When mostly browned, add your butter and mushrooms.
- Stir frequently; cook until mushrooms are tender and browned.
- Add half of the total amount of seasonings to the sausage/mushroom mixture: salt, pepper and garlic.
- In a small bowl/mixing bowl, add your eggs, sour cream, and half of your total amount of cheese. Add the rest of the seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic, and parsley flakes.
- Whisk the egg and dairy mixture until completely combined.
- Pour the eggs and dairy mixture over the cooked sausage and mushrooms. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Top with fresh chopped green onion.
- Serve and enjoy!!