Here’s the crispiest Keto Fried Chicken (Air Fryer) with Green Beans. This fried chicken really hits the spot! With pork rinds, who needs flour, anyways?
It took me a while to get an air fryer, but I think it’s officially my new favorite kitchen appliance! It was a Black Friday steal.
This has to be one of the easiest fried chicken recipes I’ve made in my life. I simply prepared a dredging station, consisting of eggs, and pork rinds with spices and seasonings. You can dip the chicken in an egg mixture and then roll it in a bowl, filled with crushed pork rinds.
You can also dip the chicken in an egg mixture, then add the chicken to a large ziploc bag, filled with crushed pork rinds, in order to shake the chicken and allow the chicken to be evenly coated. Either way will work perfectly fine! The ziploc bag is probably a quicker approach, but I personally opted for manually coating the chicken with the crushed pork rinds via a bowl!
I chose a healthy vegetable to pair with the fried chicken. Despite the fried chicken being relatively healthy, and of course carb free, I felt the need to ensure there was a vegetable involved. In my mind, the fried chicken didn’t seem low-carb, nor healthy, due to the flavor! However, it was. Of course, I still took the green beans a step further, by adding duck fat and bacon to the green beans for optimal flavor.
Hope you enjoy!
Keto Fried Chicken (Air Fryer) with Green Beans
- 16 oz Chicken Leg Quarters (2 pieces)
- 3 oz Pork Rinds
- 1.5 large Eggs
- 2 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Marjoram
- 4 slices Bacon
- 3.5 cups Green Beans Frozen or Fresh
- 1 tbsp Duck Fat
- 1 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F, 204 degrees C.
- In a medium sized bowl, add your eggs. Place 1 piece of chicken in the bowl with the egg and allow chicken to get fully immersed.
- If not already crushed, crush your pork rinds in a large ziploc bag, using a meat tenderizer, rolling pin, etc. In a large mixing bowl, combine your crushed pork rinds, salt, pepper, garlic, and marjoram.
- Roll your piece of chicken in the pork rinds mixture. Repeat the process with the 2nd piece of chicken: dip in egg, then coat well in pork rind mixture.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer on air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 400 degrees F, (204 degrees C) for 20 minutes.
- Flip your chicken; then air fry for another 20 minutes.
- Ensure your chicken reaches a temperature of 165 degrees F (74 degrees C) before enjoying!
- In a skillet, over medium-high heat, fry your bacon until crispy.
- If using fresh green beans, wash them and chop off the ends of each bean. (You can also use frozen green beans!)
- In same skillet, add your duck fat. Once melted, add your green beans. Cook for about 10 minutes, until softened.
- Add spices/seasonings: salt, black pepper, red pepper. Cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Serve and enjoy!!