These Keto Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Onion Rings are perfect for any onion ring or bacon lover! They are slathered in mayo, resulting in great keto macros. Making them in the air fryer really sends them over the top. They are crispy and full of flavor: definitely a bacon lover’s dream! The bacon really provided a lot of stability. We were able to eat them, just like standard onion rings, without any issues. Thus, they are perfect for dipping as well! See more below for the sauces I used for dipping!
Caution on Making Bacon Wrapped Onion Rings
As a small caution, making these Keto Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Onion Rings is messy! If you have kids, you may want to put them in charge of handling the mayo. You can use a spatula, cooking gloves, etc. to prepare these onion rings. Personally, I just used my hands and went for it! Like I said, it’s a bit messy, though.
Sauce Options for Onion Rings
You have many keto options when it comes to the sauces you choose to dip your onion rings in. Foods as simple as sugar free ketchup, dijon mustard, or guacamole will all work perfectly! I am a big fan of ketchup and can finally enjoy it, thanks to Primal Kitchen. Their ingredients are all perfect in terms of keto criteria, and I’ve had no blood sugar fluctuations from eating their ketchup, given I am a type 1 diabetic. Thus, if you miss ketchup, definitely give theirs a try! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JMK2DS2/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B07JMK2DS2&linkCode=as2&tag=ambersketokit-20&linkId=02aa7fe7ecc87310b054d6a9277f713c
I hope that you enjoy this recipe!
If you need more bacon in your life (and who doesn’t?) be sure to give this bacon sandwich recipe a try as well. Of course it’ll pair perfectly with these onion rings! – https://ambersketokitchen.com/2018/10/19/keto-barbecue-chicken-bacon-sandwich/
Keto Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Onion Rings
- 10 slices Yellow Onion 1/2" thick
- 16 slices bacon
- 4 tbsp Avocado Oil Mayo
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- In a small mixing bowl, add your mayo, red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Slice your onion into 1/2 inch rings. Do not use the smaller inside rings; chop those and set aside for another recipe.
- Dip your onion in the mayo mixture; coat completely.
- Wrap each onion slice tightly with bacon. Depending on the size of each onion, some may require more than 1 slice of bacon.
- Place onion rings in your air fryer. Set temperature to 370 degrees F, (188 C) for 18 minutes.
- After 9 minutes, open air fryer, and flip the onion rings.
- After cooking time is completed, serve and enjoy!