This Keto One-Pot Salmon Chowder is a very friendly weeknight dinner! In true chowder form, it is very smooth and velvety, predominately made with cream! Of course, with remaining low carb, I did not include potatoes. Instead, I’ve incorporated radishes. Radishes serve as a very authentic substitute for potatoes. If you haven’t ever cooked with them before, you should give them a try with this recipe. When cooked, they soften up just like potatoes and lose a lot of their kick! Of course, like everything, they are best paired with butter.
With making this chowder, you can use a soup pan, soup pot, or a dutch oven. If using a pan, you’ll want something that is at least 12 inches, with a lid. Mostly, the intention with this recipe was to have a quick and hearty meal, with limited dishes to clean up! It was very successful in both areas!
Keto One-Pot Salmon Chowder Spice
I chose to add jalapeno, as I like to add a bit of kick to everything. You have probably noticed that with many of my recipes, I will either include red pepper flakes or jalapeno. I recently found out that a single poblano pepper includes 9 grams of carbs per pepper. This was shocking to me! I will definitely not be including them anytime soon. What food has a higher carb amount than expected, which is shocking to you? Let me know in the comments below!
I hope you enjoy this chowder!
Keto One-Pot Salmon Chowder
- 12 oz Salmon, Frozen & Thawed, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 4 large Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 cup Radishes, Halved
- 1/2 - 1 medium Jalapeno, Sliced
- 1/2 cup Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1.5 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Dried Dill Weed
- 1/2 tsp Xantham Gum
- 1 large Bay Leaf
- Using a soup pot, soup pan, or dutch oven, over medium-high heat, melt your butter. Add your salmon cubes. Season the salmon from above with 33% of the total pink salt per what the recipe calls for, 50% of the total black pepper.
- Cook the salmon until the temperature reaches 145 degrees F, 63 degrees C. Remove salmon from pan and set aside.
- Add your radishes, jalapeno, and garlic to the pan. Stir for a few minutes.
- Add chicken bone broth and heavy whipping cream to pan.
- Add rest of spices/seasonings: 67% of the total amount of salt, 50% of the total amount of pepper, dill weed, xantham gum, and bay leaf.
- Cover pan with a lid. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes, until radishes are softened. Add salmon back to pan and let simmer for about 5 minutes, until heated through.
- Serve and enjoy!