This Keto Creamy Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon recipe is a great meal to make the night before and heat up and enjoy the next morning. Given that my job in software consulting picks up towards the end of the year, I find it necessary to pre-make meals as often as I can. At least with breakfast, I tend to always make it the night before! I used to make breakfast in bulk, having at least 2 days prepared ahead of time. The key to being very successful with keto is simply preparation!
Rather than just having scrambled eggs for breakfast, I chose to include some smoked salmon! This recipe is a protein powerhouse. Although keto tends to keep protein moderate, I hear a lot of conflicting advice. What I do is calculate my protein intake based on my lean body mass (non body fat). I know what this number is because I use a body fat scale from Amazon that I got. I take my fat-free body weight x 0.7 and that guides me as to how much protein I consume in a day. Likely, I could probably get away with multiplying my fat-free body weight by 0.6, but I do strength training/weight lifting, so I lean towards more of a moderate approach.
Body Fat Scale:
The scale that I use is by Renpho and they have an app as well, for overall tracking. It’s less than $30 at Amazon! You can find it here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N1UX8RW/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B01N1UX8RW&linkCode=as2&tag=ambersketokit-20&linkId=1a3e1b3961c021b23455042b37ca6ba2 I know that being weighed can be very discouraging for some, simply because the scale doesn’t always move like we think it should! With this scale, it also identifies body fat %, body water %, skeletal muscle, muscle mass, bone mass, BMR, and metabolic age. Thus, I can see progress and changes, even if my weight is staying the same. I am happy that my muscle mass is considered high and hasn’t gone down, as I’ve been losing weight! I’ve had this scale since June and it’s been a real eye opener!
Keto Creamy Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon
- 8 large Eggs
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 4 oz Smoked Salmon
- 4 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1.5 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Parsley Flakes
- Fresh Parsley Optional - Topping
- Using a non-stick pan/skillet, turn your heat to medium-low. (Lower heat is important to have creamy eggs!) Add your butter.
- While butter is melting, cut your smoked salmon and set aside a few slices for topping.
- In a small mixing bowl, add all your eggs. Whisk your eggs together. (Using a fork is fine too!)
- Add eggs to pan with melted butter. Stir non-stop with wooden spoon. (A trick from Gordon Ramsay is to lift your pan off the heat every 30 seconds or so, then cook for 30 seconds, continuing to go back and forth - for the creamiest eggs. Stirring the entire time will also help!)
- When eggs are together, but still slightly wet, add the salmon and cheese. Add your salt, pepper, and parsley as well.
- Continue to stir the eggs until the cheese is melted.
- Plate your eggs. Top with the set-aside smoked salmon and fresh parsley, if preferred. Enjoy!