Sometimes you just need a quick and easy recipe to make after a long day! These Keto Baked Lemon Garlic Chicken Drumsticks are indeed that: quick and easy to make. The drumsticks are tender and juicy, thanks to the marinade included. With the lemon, there’s freshness, while the garlic provides a complementary savory component.
Marinade for Chicken Drumsticks
You will simply need to marinate your chicken for at least 2 hours, which makes a huge difference with the outcome! If you can marinate the chicken for longer, even better. Overnight would be perfect. Like I said, the results and flavor are worth it!
Sides for Keto Baked Lemon Garlic Chicken Drumsticks
In terms of sides, you can include cauliflower mac n cheese, salad, broccoli, or even cauliflower rice. Basically, you can include just about anything. Personally, I opted for a 3 cheese mac n cheese recipe, including cauliflower of course. That recipe will also be coming soon! Please note that you’ll want to separately track any sides you include. I have not accounted for any additional nutrition information, than the chicken included in this recipe.
Keto & Cravings
How has the keto journey been going for you? Personally, I can’t ever imagine not being keto. It’s become such a wonderful routine, and allowed for so many positive outcomes. I still love and enjoy food, but my appetite is deeply controlled – and I never have cravings. It’s amazing what a little dietary fat will do!
Keto Baked Lemon Garlic Chicken Drumsticks
- 6 medium Chicken Drumsticks
- 2.5 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 medium Lemons, Juiced
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 medium Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 3 sprigs Fresh Thyme
- Add your chicken drumsticks to a large ziploc bag.
- Then add your salt, pepper, red pepper, juice from your lemons, garlic cloves (minced), and garlic powder. Set aside the lemon slices for baking.
- Shake the bag to ensure each drumstick is coated. Place in fridge and allow the chicken to marinate for at least 2 hours, more, if possible.
- When chicken is nearly done marinating, preheat your oven to 425 degrees F, 218 degrees C.
- Place your chicken on a baking sheet, lined with aluminum foil or a silicone mat. Top with lemon slices used previously.
- Bake chicken for 20 minutes. Flip the chicken, then back for another 15 minutes. Ensure the temperature of your chicken reaches 165 degrees F, 74 degrees C before eating. If prefer more color, feel free to also broil for a few minutes.
- Garnish with thyme. Serve immediately and enjoy!