This Keto Baked Eggs with Cheesy Spinach and Bacon recipe is a great weekend meal! It includes spinach and asiago, which are a perfect combination, resulting in a flavorful and creamy mix. The eggs are also very velvety! Topped with bacon, this breakfast checks all necessary boxes to start your day off successfully.
WEEKENDS & KETO FOOD PREP:
Even better, you can quickly make this recipe tomorrow morning. Weekends are the one time that I do not meal prep the night before and make breakfast. Instead, on the weekends, I prepare breakfast the day of and enjoy immediately. This recipe is great to make, as it’s somewhat of a ‘throw everything together’ sort of dish. You can simply use frozen spinach, provide some spices, mix the spinach with cooked bacon, and then add eggs on top and wait for everything to finish baking. I made this recipe using 4 ramekins, which work perfectly for baked eggs.
SUBSTITUTIONS FOR KETO BAKED EGGS – SPINACH/CHEESE:
- If you have fresh spinach, of course that is fine. Generally, I prefer frozen, as it’s convenient and there’s less shrinkage to put up with! Also, the nutrients in frozen spinach are still quite strong, vs. fresh, so there’s no need to worry about fewer benefits.
- I have tried other cheeses, but I really think asiago is best with this recipe. If at all possible, I’d strongly recommend you incorporate asiago vs. anything else!
I hope you make this Keto Baked Eggs with Cheesy Spinach and Bacon recipe soon.
If you love this recipe, here is another egg bake recipe for you to enjoy as well – https://ambersketokitchen.com/2018/10/23/keto-cheesy-sausage-and-egg-muffins/
Keto Baked Eggs with Cheesy Spinach and Bacon
- 1 bag Frozen Spinach
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1.5 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 oz Aged Asiago Cheese
- 6 slices Bacon
- 4 large Eggs Salt and Pepper - to taste
- Fresh Parsley Garnish
- Microwave your frozen bag of spinach, according to package's instructions.
- In a mixing bowl, add your spinach, butter, and all spices/seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic, and red pepper. Add your asiago cheese as well. Stir until fully incorporated.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, 177 degrees C.
- Cook your bacon, in a skillet, over medium-high heat.
- Once cooked to your preference of crispiness, set aside to cool. Once cooled, chop your bacon.
- To your 4 ramekins, evenly add your cheesy spinach and 75% of your bacon. Mix together.
- Crack an egg over the top of the spinach and bacon mixture, in each ramekin. Season slightly with salt and pepper.
- Add the rest of your bacon to your ramekins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!!