These Keto Cheesy Bacon Wrapped Turkey Franks (Air Fryer) are so salty and sweet, with toppings! They are sure to bring back ballpark memories, as you enjoy them. The air fryer continues to amaze with its flexibility! I thought I’d give it a try with turkey franks. It did not disappoint! I stuffed these franks with 2 types of cheeses and wrapped them in bacon; they turned out great.
Quick & Easy
This is a very quick and easy throw together sort of meal! I wrapped each turkey frank with 1 slice of bacon, but feel free to use 2. Also, out of pure guilt, I incorporated lettuce as my “bun”, along with other vegetables.
Dextrose – not Keto Friendly
I opted to go with turkey franks, as I find their carbs are lower than standard hot dogs. Also, most beef hot dogs have dextrose as a main ingredient. I avoid this ingredient as much as possible! If you are strict keto, dextrose is not keto friendly, since it’s a form of glucose (sugar).
On rare occasions, we’ll eat foods that contain less than 2% of dextrose. Basically, with foods like pepperoni, this is the only option – they all have it. When choosing to treat yourself with such foods, try to find those that state the negative ingredients are 2% or less!
Toppings for Keto Cheesy Bacon Wrapped Turkey Franks (Air Fryer)
I focused on mustard, ketchup, and pickle for my toppings. If you are still searching for a keto friendly ketchup you should give this Primal Kitchen Ketchup a try. The ingredients are all natural, the flavor is great, and there are no blood sugar impacts!: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FNLGP92/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B07FNLGP92&linkCode=as2&tag=ambersketokit-20&linkId=4b4842975cd33742477200cd9464a021
You can pair this recipe with some onion rings, if you’d like. Check out my recipe here – https://ambersketokitchen.com/2018/11/28/keto-air-fryer-bacon-wrapped-onion-rings/
Hope you enjoy!
Keto Bacon Wrapped Turkey Franks
- 6 jumbo Turkey Franks
- Salt, Pepper, and Garlic - to taste
- 1 1/3 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4 String Cheese, Mozzarella
- 6 slices Bacon
- 6 large pieces Leaf Lettuce
- Make a slit in each frank so that they can be stuffed with cheese! Try to make the slit as deep as possible, without cutting the frank in half.
- Season the franks with salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Stuff your cheddar cheese into each frank.
- Cut your mozzarella string cheese in half. Next, place half of the cheese on top of the shredded cheese for each frank.
- Wrap 1 slice of bacon around each frank. Place your franks in the air fryer.
- Turn your air fryer to 375 degrees F, 191 degrees C, for 12 minutes. Flip franks after 6 minutes. Check at 12 minutes; if bacon isn't crispy enough, add another 4-6 minutes.
- Use leaf lettuce as your 'bun'. Feel free to also add additional toppings, such as: pickles, ketchup, mustard, and onion.
- Serve and enjoy!