Roasted brussels sprouts are so good! When roasted, they become sweet and completely change their flavor. Despite being great by themselves, I wanted to take them to the next level. Thus, here is my Keto Brussels Sprouts Wrapped in Brown Sugar Bacon recipe! Rubbing bacon with brown sugar, then wrapping roasted brussels sprouts with the bacon, results in a salty, sweet, and very delightful appetizer!
Servings for Keto Brussels Sprouts Wrapped in Brown Sugar Bacon
Plus, this is only a 5 ingredient recipe to make! This is a very easy recipe to make. It is definitely something you can make with your kids. This recipe will make a total of 42 treats; each serving includes 7 bacon wrapped brussels sprouts.
Keto Brown Sugar
For my ‘brown sugar’, I personally used swerve (brown). However, there are additional options, such as sukrin gold. Swerve creates a brown sugar that is great and truly replicates the texture of a packed brown sugar. For this recipe, you can thus really pat the sugar into the bacon. Sukrin gold is wonderful and used in many of my recipes, but it’s a bit looser of a brown sugar, so not as convenient for this appetizer in particular.
You can find Swerve, Brown here, if you’ve never had it – https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FCCZ3FX/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B07FCCZ3FX&linkCode=as2&tag=ambersketokit-20&linkId=1fa2234d831131dfc2a8176ff7f52fa3
Are there any other keto brown sugars you’ve stumbled across? I feel like recently more and more keto products are hitting the shelves. My husband and I always spoke about how nice it’d be for low-carb to gain popularity and become somewhat of a sensation. Fortunately, I think we’re starting to get there!
Keto Brussels Sprouts Wrapped in Brown Sugar Bacon
- 1 frozen bag Brussels Sprouts (I use Birds Eye.) There are about 21 whole brussels sprouts in 1 frozen bag.
- Salt and Pepper for Brussels Sprouts - to taste.
- 21 slices bacon cut in half, to make 42 slices.
- 1.5 cups Brown Sugar (Swerve)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F, 204 degrees C.
- Microwave frozen bag of brussels sprouts. Once cooled, cut each sprout in half. (For 1 frozen bag, you should end up with about 42 halves.)
- Season the sprouts from a few feet above with salt and pepper. (Seasoning from above will ensure even seasoning.)
- Bake your brussels sprouts for 10 minutes. Then, broil for 2-3 minutes.
- Cut your slices of bacon in half.
- Generously rub each slice of bacon with brown sugar. Pat the sugar into the bacon as much as possible.
- Place the cooled half sprout in the middle of the bacon slice. Roll the bacon around the brussels sprout tightly.
- Place bacon wrapped brussels sprouts onto a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper or ideally on a silicone mat.
- Reduce heat to 375 degrees F, 190 degrees C. Bake for 15 minutes. Check bacon at 15 minutes; cook for another 10-15 minutes, if prefer bacon to be crispier.
- Serve and enjoy!