This Keto Spinach & Sausage Fettuccine is a very creamy and savory pasta dish! Plus, vegetables are included, but basically hidden, so it should be kid friendly as well. I did add jalapeno, but you could include less, or none. Another good option to give this dish more depth would be 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes, instead of any jalapeno.
With my meals normally being high in fat, this meal is unbelievably filling! 5.5 hours after eating, I couldn’t imagine eating a single thing! This is good, since we intermittent fast after lunch and don’t eat again until breakfast the next day. Lately, my husband has been eating dinner because he’s having a hard time maintaining his weight – as in, he continues to lose weight. I’m happy for him, but I mostly want to roll my eyes, considering I am the slowest weight loser in the world. Keto is obviously effective, but what a problem to have, right?
I included parmesan with this recipe, something I don’t cook with a lot. I am so glad I did! It fit in really well. The reason I included it is because I have a food sensitivity test arriving Saturday, so I wanted to be sure that I’ve eaten several different foods recently! Have any of you had food sensitivity testing done? If interested, this is what I purchased – https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076QFSJM1/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B076QFSJM1&linkCode=as2&tag=ambersketokit-20&linkId=c2df7a4b3384ebb8e8842a72dd5f3a0a
As typical, I also used miracle noodles. These low carb noodles are my go-to. I have tried many of the others, but these are my preferred noodles. I hope they begin to arrive to grocery stores soon! For now, I get them on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BTMDALO/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00BTMDALO&linkCode=as2&tag=ambersketokit-20&linkId=f4bc7b3488fd0c187df77b18bb21eb0a
If you love this dish, be sure to check out some of my other recipes that contain miracle noodles – https://ambersketokitchen.com/2019/02/08/keto-spinach-alfredo-pasta-meatballs/
Keto Spinach & Sausage Fettuccine
- 2 packs Miracle Noodles (Fettuccine)
- 1 bag Frozen Spinach
- 1 medium Shallot, Chopped
- 1/2 - 1 medium Chopped Jalapeno Optional
- 16 oz Sausage
- 4 oz Original Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Shredded Parmesan
Spices & Seasonings:
- 1.5 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tbsp Parsley Flakes
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, 177 degrees C.
- Begin to boil your water for your noodles in a nonstick skillet or pot.
- Rinse your fettuccine miracle noodles in water. *I use shears to cut mine so they're smaller and easier to work with. Once rinsed for a few minutes, or according to the package's instruction, boil the noodles for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Microwave your frozen bag of spinach, according to the package's instructions. Chop your shallot and jalapeno and set aside.
- After you've boiled the noodles for several minutes, drain them, and then add them back to your skillet or pot. Reduce your heat to medium-high. Cook for 2 minutes, to remove moisture from the noodles. Set them aside.
- Add your sausage, jalapeno, and shallot to your existing skillet, or to a new pan. Break the sausage into smaller pieces and continue to stir.
- Cook the sausage completely, until all pink is gone. Then, add the spinach to your skillet.
- Next, add your cream cheese and sour cream.
- Add all spices/seasonings: salt, pepper, oregano, parsley, and garlic.
- Stir, until all ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Once cream cheese has melted and everything is mixed, add your fettuccine noodles. Stir noodles in the creamy sauce with sausage.
- Bake combination for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and stir. Add all parmesan on top.
- Bake for another 10 minutes. Depending on preference of cheese, feel free to broil for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!