This Keto One Skillet Taco Bake dish includes great mexican flavor. You won’t notice that taco shells are missing here. The meat is creamy, there’s lots of cheese and sour cream, acidity from the lemon, and cherry tomatoes to add a bit of sweetness to balance out the spice.
This Keto One Skillet Taco Bake recipe is very versatile, as you can make it as spicy or non-spicy as you want. I’d recommend you add at least 1 jalapeno, but feel free to remove the seeds and membrane, if the spice is too much. If removing the seeds, I strongly recommend you wear gloves! You will not want to touch the jalapeno and then accidentally touch your face, etc. Also, if you prefer mild spice, be sure to cook your jalapenos and do not eat them raw!
However, keep in mind that with the dairy, tomatoes, and lemon involved, a lot of the spice is diluted. We chose to top our Keto One Skillet Taco Bake with fresh cut jalapeno – a very optional step. This results in a more moderate-high spiciness. If you want more spice, you can opt for serrano instead of jalapeno. The carbs are actually slightly lower with serrano, so even better!
Hope you enjoy!
If you love this recipe, be sure to also check out this taco salad recipe https://ambersketokitchen.com/2019/02/17/keto-taco-salad/
Keto One Skillet Taco Bake
- 1 lb Ground Beef 73% lean/27% fat is preferred
- 1 large Jalapeno, Minced
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 4 tbsp Mexican Crema
- 4 oz Montchevre Cheese/Goat Cheese
- 1 small Lemon, Juice
- 4.5 oz Fresh Mozzarella
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 3 Green Onions
- 1 medium Cucumber (to serve with)
Spices & Seasonings:
- 2 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Minced Onions
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, 177 degrees C.
- Mince your jalapeno. In a 12 in (oven-safe) skillet, begin to cook your ground beef and jalapeno.
- Add spices/seasonings: salt, pepper, cumin, garlic, chili, and onions.
- Slice your tomatoes in half.
- Once beef is fully cooked, add your mexican crema, tomatoes, montchevre, and juice from your lemon. Mix together completely.
- Top with mozzarella.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Once baked, top with green onions and sour cream. Serve with celery and/or cucumber. (*Nutrition accounts for 1 medium cucumber!)
- Serve and enjoy!!