Here’s my Keto Slow Cooker Bacon Wrapped BBQ & Brown Sugar Chicken recipe. This is the perfect meal to conclude your day. This meal is very sweet and savory! For instance, there is plenty of sweetness involved with the brown sugar and BBQ sauce. There is a bit of saltiness from the bacon. Additionally, there’s a dash of garlic and marjoram to add layers of flavor! As a result, each bite is delicious and comforting!
KETO BBQ SAUCE & BROWN SUGAR:
This recipe includes a couple of sweet ingredients. However, everything is keto! I used keto friendly BBQ sauce, along with keto friendly brown sugar. You can find links for the specific products that I used below.
BBQ Sauce: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MTBXD99/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B01MTBXD99&linkCode=as2&tag=ambersketokit-20&linkId=e4ee483d249bdf1030bddbb74ac1144d
Brown Sugar Alternative: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076KQTPT5/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B076KQTPT5&linkCode=as2&tag=ambersketokit-20&linkId=f2b3793ad3df549f771773a9c3cf237e
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I wanted to point out that this is my first recipe of 2019! I started posting recipes in September of 2018 because I really wanted to help others. Keto has helped me tremendously and I wanted to show others what this lifestyle is like. I’ve really enjoyed being able to share keto, healthy, and flavorful meals with all of you! I do post some things on my social media that I don’t include on my blog. Certainly feel free to take a look, if you want to see more!
GETTING STARTED ON KETO:
Also, if you are new to Keto with the new year, feel free to look around my website. To help you get started with understanding keto, you can take a look at this page: https://ambersketokitchen.com/what-is-keto/
Keto Slow Cooker Bacon Wrapped BBQ & Brown Sugar Chicken
- 6 medium Chicken Thighs
- 12 slices bacon
- 8 tbsp BBQ Sauce *Find link to G Hughes keto sauce above
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar *Sukrin Gold - find link above
- 2 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tsp Marjoram
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 bag Cauliflower Rice (Frozen *I like Birds Eye Brand
- 4 oz Original Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Parsley Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Lay your chicken on a cutting board. Add all of your spices/seasonings on both sides of your chicken: salt, pepper, garlic, and marjoram.
- Next, add the BBQ sauce on top of your chicken, evenly distributed across each piece.
- Add the brown sugar. Pat as much as possible into the chicken.
- Wrap each piece of chicken with 2 slices of bacon. Place in slow cooker.
- Cook on High for 4 hours. Once done, feel free to Broil for 2-4 minutes to crisp the bacon further.
- Microwave your frozen bag of cauliflower, according to the package's instructions.
- Once microwaved, add your butter, cream cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper, parsley, and garlic. Stir.
- Microwave for another 30 seconds or 1 minute. Stir again.
- Serve and enjoy!!