This Keto Chicken & Zucchini Pasta Bake is creamy, includes layers of flavor, and is something I’m sure your family will request to have again and again! This recipe may remind you of lasagna, but there are actual fettuccine noodles included.
Of course, I added miracle noodles to give us our “keto pasta”. If you haven’t noticed, I love Miracle Noodles! Recently, Miracle Noodles was nice enough to send me some of their product which I hadn’t tried yet. They are doing amazing things and making life with keto noodles even easier. I got to enjoy their Garlic and Herb noodle type, which fit in perfectly with this recipe. (You can find the noodles here: https://amzn.to/2ssV8If)
There are a few steps to this recipe, so please be sure to read it in its entirety before getting started! To summarize, I cooked the chicken in the instant pot, which I’d recommend, so you get tender and juicy meat! (Another great option would be to use your slow cooker and have the chicken cooked ahead of time, before making this recipe.)
After cooking the chicken, I boiled the miracle noodles. Then, I cooked the zucchini and added the cheese, Rao’s sauce, and chicken/noodles back to the pan. Finally, I topped the mixture with additional cheese – white cheddar cheese – and baked it for about 10 minutes. Like I said, there are a few elements involved, but the overall cook time is pretty short! Also, according to my husband, the results are well worth it! He absolutely loved this dish!
I hope you are able to make this recipe soon!
Keto Chicken & Zucchini Pasta Bake
- 4 pieces Chicken Thighs
- 1.5 tsp Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 4 medium Zucchini (Sliced into 1/2" rounds)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1.5 tsp Pink Salt
- 3/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 clove Minced Garlic
- 1 cup Marinara Sauce by Rao's
- 4 oz Montchevre Cheese/Goat Cheese
- 5 oz White Cheddar Cheese
- Fresh Parsley - Garnishment (Optional)
- 2 packages Miracle Noodles: Garlic & Herb
- Season your chicken with salt, black pepper, garlic, and italian seasoning, on both sides. Place 1 cup of water in your instant pot.
- Place your chicken in your instant pot, on top of a trivet. Set your instant pot to pressure cook on High, per the meat setting, for 6-8 minutes.
- Allow for 5 minutes of natural release, then manually release remaining steam. Make sure your chicken is fully cooked at 165 degrees F, 74 degrees C.
- Set your chicken aside and give it time to cool before shredding it.
- Boil your water for your noodles in a nonstick pan (at least 12") or pot.
- Rinse your miracle noodles in water. *I use shears to cut mine so they're smaller and easier to work with. Once rinsed for a few minutes, or according to the package's instruction, boil the noodles for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After you've boiled the noodles for several minutes, drain them, and then add them back to your skillet or pot. Reduce your heat to medium-high. Cook for 2 minutes, to remove moisture from the noodles. Set them aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, 177 degrees C.
- To existing pan used for boiling noodles, add butter/olive oil, over medium-high heat. Place your zucchini in pan.
- Add a clove of garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper, and oregano. Cook the zucchini until tender, which should take 5-8 minutes.
- Once zucchini is mostly cooked, begin to combine your ingredients.
- Add your shredded chicken to your zucchini. Add the goat cheese to your pan and stir until it's fully immersed.
- Next, add the Rao's sauce. Stir together. Finally, add the miracle noodles. Mix together.
- Add the ingredients to a 9 x 13 casserole dish. Top with white cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes, just enough time for all of the cheese to melt. Feel free to also broil for 2-3 minutes, if you want a crispier topping!
- Garnish with parsley, if preferred. Serve and enjoy!