This Keto Braised Pork Chops & Mashed ‘Potatoes’ and Gravy recipe is so delectable! I love braising foods, as I’m always left with wonderfully tender meat and amazing sauce to create the best gravies! Seriously, this gravy turns out so well, I want to bottle it up and pour it over everything. It’s sweet, somewhat savory, and very satiating! Besides the tasty gravy, what’s more comforting than mashed ‘potatoes’ (okay, mashed cauliflower), and a sweet, savory, and creamy pork chop?
Process for Keto Braised Pork Chops & Mashed ‘Potatoes’ and Gravy
This recipe is so easy to make! All you’ll need to do is sear the meat, add additional ingredients, then cook the pork chops on low for a bit of time. The gravy will basically be made for you after the meat has fully cooked. You’ll only have to add a bit of xantham gum to thicken the gravy. Also, making ‘potatoes’ is easy as can be. I tend to use frozen riced cauliflower, microwave it, and then use a hand blender to combine all ingredients until smooth and fluffy. (Isn’t that seriously so much easier than making actual mashed potatoes?! No carbs needed here!)
As a caution, be careful with cooking your pork chops. They are designed to be tender, but if you cook them too long, they will end up tough! Be sure to keep an eye on their temperatures for confident cooking time!
Hope you enjoy!
Keto Braised Pork Chops & Mashed 'Potatoes' and Gravy
- 3 Pork Loin Chops
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1.5 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1.5 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 cup Wine (Pinot Grigio) Other dry/keto wines are fine!
- 1 cup Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 4 sprigs Thyme
- 4 tbsp Brown Sugar Alternative (Sukrin Gold)
- 1 medium Bay Leaf
Potatoes & Gravy:
- 1 frozen bag Riced Cauliflower *I like Birds Eye brand
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper
- 2 tsp Parsley Flakes
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tsp Xantham Gum
- Season pork chops with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a 12" pan, sear pork chops in butter for 2-3 minutes each side. Remove pork chops from skillet.
- To same pan, add wine, chicken bone broth, coconut aminos, brown sugar, and bay leaf. Stir until combined. (Also, make sure to get all drippings from bottom of pan from searing pork chops!)
- Add pork chops back to pan. Top with thyme. Cover pan with lid.
- Cook over low heat until pork chops are 145 degrees F, or 63 degrees C. This should take about 20-30 minutes.
- When fully cooked, set aside. Keep sauce in pan over a low heat.
- You can use frozen cauliflower to make your mashed potatoes. If using frozen, be sure to microwave your cauliflower, per the package's instructions. If using fresh, cut your cauliflower into small pieces, or grate it.
- Once heated, add butter, salt, pepper, parsley, and cheese. Mix together.
- Next, use a hand blender to combine your ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- To make your gravy, increase the temperature for the existing sauce to medium-high.
- Add xantham gum. Stir occasionally, until thickened.
- Remove and serve over pork chops/potatoes.