These Keto Goat Cheese & Banana Chocolates are addictive! Fortunately, they are also keto friendly. Goat cheese adds a very creamy and light consistency. Paired with buttery and sweet chocolate, this results in a perfectly sweet, creamy, and savory treat!
These chocolates are a breeze to make! After forming your goat cheese balls, you’ll want to dip the goat cheese balls into your chocolate mixture. From there, it’s up to you to decide how much further you want to take these. Generally, they are great to serve directly after the chocolate sets (and the treats are refrigerated), without requiring anything further.
However, to make these a bit fancier, you can opt to add lines over the top. You can use a syringe for this (https://amzn.to/2FEUccm), a plastic bag with the corner snipped off, or even a piping bag. It’s up to you! I actually used a medical syringe (https://amzn.to/2T024IC), as it’s what I had on hand, and it worked out great. You can also use edible gold leaf sheets to really set these over the top! (https://amzn.to/2FCKUOb) I didn’t apply gold to all of the chocolates I created, but you’ll see that I did on a few of the chocolates!
Overall, you will form 20 total chocolate treats. Note that per serving (per each individual ball), there is 1 carb, 5 grams of fat, 2 grams of protein, and 53 calories.
Hope you enjoy!
Keto Goat Cheese & Banana Chocolates
- 8 oz Goat Cheese Log, Montchevre
- 1.5 oz Lily's 70% Dark Chocolate
- 3 tbsp Swerve Confectioners
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 tsp Banana Extract
- Make sure your goat cheese is at room temperature, so it's easy to work with!
- Form 20 evenly sized balls with your goat cheese.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, add your chocolate and butter. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, then microwave again for another 30 seconds. Stir again.
- (If you'd rather use the stove to melt your chocolate, then place your chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir occasionally to ensure even melting.)
- Add the remaining ingredients to your chocolate: swerve and banana extract. Stir for at least 15-30 seconds.
- Dip each goat cheese ball into the chocolate (using a fork) and roll until covered. Try to shake off as much excess chocolate as possible.
- Place on parchment paper for the chocolate to set.
- If preferred, you can use a syringe or piping bag to pipe 3 lines across each chocolate! Feel free to also top with gold flakes, etc. as preferred!
- After about 30 minutes, place your goat cheese chocolate balls into the refrigerator. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before enjoying!