I can’t think of many flavor combinations better than peanut butter and chocolate! With the addition of cream cheese and heavy whipping cream, this Keto Creamy Peanut Butter & Chocolate Smoothie is so creamy and buttery. It’s a definite treat and quite filling. With the addition of Swerve, there’s also plenty of sweetness and balance. I haven’t had Reese’s in at least 10, or maybe 15 years, but they were what I thought of while enjoying this treat!
We actually chose to enjoy this smoothie for breakfast, as a part of our 2 meals a day. This smoothie was actually a really good breakfast treat. It isn’t something we’d enjoy too often, but it’s obviously far better than having actual sugar. Another benefit of having it for breakfast it that is packed with fat, has a reasonable amount of carbs, and is fairly moderate in protein. Overall, I think it makes a wonderful keto treat to have.
I have to admit, I have been a bit addicted to anything involving peanuts lately. I recently took a food sensitivity test and discovered that cashews and almonds are my worst sensitivities. However, my peanut sensitivity is actually quite low! My other very shocking sensitivity was strawberries! That’s pretty much the ultimate beloved keto fruit. It was very eye opening. I will have to plan to bake with more coconut flour moving forward. Have any of you had food sensitivity tests? Were you also shocked by the results? Let me know in the comments below!
Keto Creamy Peanut Butter & Chocolate Smoothie
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened)
- 4 tbsp Peanut Butter Fit Powder
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 8 oz Original Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup Water (cold)
- 2 tbsp Swerve Confectioners
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 4 tbsp Whipped Cream, Sugar Free
- 1/2 oz Lily's 70% Dark Chocolate *plus water to thin
- 1 tsp Swerve Confectioners
- Ice as needed
- Add your smoothie ingredients to your blender, including: cocoa powder, peanut butter fit powder, heavy whipping cream, original cream cheese, water, swerve, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed from low to high. Blend for about 30 seconds - 1 minute, until smooth.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, microwave your Lily's chocolate. Add water to thin the chocolate, about 1-2 tsp.
- Stir in Swerve confectioners to sweeten the dark chocolate.
- Pour your smoothie into small glasses. Top with whipped cream and the melted chocolate.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!