With Valentine’s day just 1 week away, I’m sure many of you will be planning for the special holiday. What’s a better way to show someone they’re loved than with Keto Chocolate Bacon Twists with Peanuts? That’s right – this recipe includes bacon, chocolate, peanuts, and even butter! As a result, these twisted bacon treats are crunchy, salty, and sweet. The exceptionally dark chocolate is swerve sweetened, resulting in its sweetness. The peanuts and bacon add a savory component. Perfectly balanced, these chocolate treats are decadent and something you won’t want to stop eating!
Feel free to eat them for breakfast or for dessert! Either way, they are a wonderful treat for a special occasion! Overall, this recipe results in 12 different treats, or 12 different pieces of chocolate covered bacon. Even better, each piece of bacon results in only 2 carbs, 1 gram of fiber, 8 grams of fat, 3 grams of protein, and 88 calories. (Thus, eating half of the treats created only results in 6 net carbs!) Coupled with the flavor and macros, you won’t go wrong treating your significant other with these treats!
If you are celebrating Valentine’s day, I’d love to hear from you in the comments section if you and the rest of your family are all keto! If not, how have you approached variations in your lifestyles?
Keto Chocolate Bacon Twists with Peanuts
- 12 slices Uncured Bacon
- 1.5 oz Lily's 70% Dark Chocolate
- 2 tbsp Swerve Confectioners
- 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 oz Chopped Peanuts
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F, 204 degrees C.
- Prepare a baking sheet with a silicone mat. Get your 12 pieces of bacon.
- Twist each piece of bacon and lay it on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes, depending on preferred level of crispiness.
- Allow bacon to cool and drain on a paper towel.
- Prepare your chocolate sauce. To a small microwave safe bowl, add your butter, swerve, and chocolate.
- Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, microwave another 30 seconds and stir again until smooth. Your sauce will be very thin - perfect for drizzling!
- Drizzle your chocolate sauce over your cooled bacon. Top with chopped peanuts immediately, while chocolate is still wet.
- Freeze for 5 minutes to allow the chocolate to set and then serve immediately.