It’s almost Taco Tuesday again: just a little over a day away. Fortunately, keto and Mexican food fit together very well! I recently made this Keto Taco Salad that I think will perfectly execute a ‘taco Tuesday salad.’ Probably the salad part won’t be a new sensation, but we can always try. I ate a lot of taco salads growing up, so they are one meal I enjoy having. This taco salad is great because it allows a ton of freshness, with many healthy ingredients incorporated. There’s a bit of spiciness with the meat. There’s a bit of acidity from the lime. Plus, there’s creaminess via the avocado and sour cream to balance everything out.
With this Keto Taco Salad, there’s truly no need to have a dressing. The sour cream and avocado are all that’s needed! After cooking the meat, you’re just looking at adding everything to a large bowl and tossing. You could feel free to include the sour cream and avocado as well, to completely incorporate. I personally chose to use them as a topping/serving, though.
While having authentic flavors, this taco salad only results in 6 net carbs! This is much lower than you’d be able to get at a restaurant, so well worth the small effort to make. Looking at a few labels online, a typical taco salad would probably be closer to 14 net carbs, if eating out. This is pretty high for a salad! Given this, I came up with this delicious, yet lower carb version. I hope that you make this Keto Taco Salad soon and enjoy!
If you love this recipe, be sure to check out this recipe as well – https://ambersketokitchen.com/2018/12/26/keto-one-skillet-taco-bake/
Keto Taco Salad
- 10 oz Ground Beef, 73% Lean, 27% Fat
- 8 large Green Leaf Lettuce, chopped
- 1 medium Tomato, chopped
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- 1 medium Lime (Juice)
Taco Seasoning Spices:
- 1.5 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1.5 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 large Avocado, Sliced
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Add your ground beef to a skillet, over medium-high heat.
- Begin to break up with ground beef. Add all spices/seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic, chili, oregano, and cumin.
- Cook beef until browned.
- In a large bowl, add: lettuce, tomato, beef, shredded cheese, and lime juice. If possible, use a citrus juicer to get all juice from lime. Pour into salad. Toss together.
- Serve taco salad with avocado, sour cream, and red pepper flakes. Enjoy!