I love being able to make foods such as Keto Chicken Nuggets, and enjoy them without any guilt! This recipe results in 30 chicken nuggets. Per serving, there are only 2 net carbs! The nuggets are very low carb, crispy, and juicy. Pork rinds tend to result in an even crispier coating than normal. My husband noted these taste like, if not better, than carb-heavy chicken nuggets. Definitely a treat we’ll look to enjoy again soon!
Better yet, these chicken nuggets are a breeze to make! You’ll spend a bit of time via dredging. From there, it’s just a quick cook time in the air fryer. No messy oil clean up will be required with this recipe!
For this recipe, I used my 3.5 liter Air Fryer. Because mine is on the smaller side, I had to make the chicken nuggets in 2 batches. If you have a larger air fryer, you may not need to. Basically, you won’t want the chicken nuggets stacked on top of each other. Instead, they should be spread out fairly well for cooking. (See cooking instruction image below for reference.)
We enjoyed sugar free barbecue sauce and sugar free ketchup to go with these chicken nuggets! I would strongly recommend including these sauces. You can find amazon links below for the specific products I used – air fryer, barbecue sauce, and sugar free ketchup:
Hope you enjoy!
Keto Chicken Nuggets
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 4 large Chicken Thighs, cut into 1.5 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tbsp Water
- 3 oz Pork Rinds (Original)
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Cut your chicken thighs into about 1.5 inch pieces. Each chicken thigh should generate about 7-8 chicken nuggets. (In total, I made 30 nuggets.)
- Place all of your chicken pieces in a large ziploc bag. Add italian seasoning, lemon juice, and olive oil. Shake bag until chicken is fully coated. Leave on the counter, for about 15 minutes, to marinade.
- While chicken is marinading, prepare dredging station. In a small bowl, add coconut flour, salt, and pepper. Stir.
- In another small bowl, add 1 egg and water to form your egg wash. Mix with fork until combined.
- Using a large ziplog bag, crush your pork rinds, with a meat tenderizer, rolling pin, etc. Place your pork rinds in a small bowl.
- Spray your air fryer with olive oil cooking spray. (Recommend using at least a 3.5 liter air fryer.)
- Once chicken is marinated, you'll want to dip your chicken in the coconut flour mixture (using left hand), then in the egg wash (using right hand), and finally in the pork rinds (using left hand).
- As the chicken nuggets are coated, add them to your air fryer immediately. You'll probably need to cook the nuggets in 2 batches, due to spacing.
- Air fry the first batch of chicken nuggets at 400 degrees F, 204 degrees C, for 8-10 minutes.
- Then, air fry the second batch of chicken nuggets, for same amount of time. Enjoy!