These Keto Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Wings are tender and juicy. The Keto friendly BBQ sauce is applied liberally. The sauce is a bit sweet, very savory, and mildly spicy. Plus, per serving, there are only 3 total carbs! Compared to typical BBQ sauces, this is incredibly low! The wings are filling and delicious, and definitely something I’m looking forward to having again soon!
I’m pretty sure everyone has mentioned how sick of winter they are at some point recently. We are still in 7 degree F weather, which is -14 degrees C. I made these wings, longing for summer cookouts and sporting events! They really hit the spot. If we can’t have warmer temperatures for at least another few weeks, I’ll still try to bring as much of it to me as I can!
The secret to the sauce is that I used the G Hughes BBQ sauce brand. I have posted homemade BBQ sauces before – such as within this recipe: https://ambersketokitchen.com/recipe/keto-slow-cooker-bbq-pork-ribs-with-salad/ However, this recipe was all about quickness and convenience!
G Hughes BBQ appears to be pretty well known in the keto space. Link for the sauce is below. To the sauce, I added brown sugar and hot sauce. Thus, the many layers of flavor really came through with the sauce! There are a couple of questionable ingredients in the BBQ sauce, so I wouldn’t recommend you consume it regularly. However, life is all about balance and personally, I had zero issues with consuming the BBQ sauce. That is, my blood sugars showed so negative affects and I felt just fine. Also, compared to typical BBQ sauce, the ingredients are tremendously better. So, I’d say go ahead and enjoy!
Keto Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Wings
- 6 large Chicken Wings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Marjoram
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 6 tbsp G Hughes Honey Flavored BBQ Sauce
- 4 tbsp Brown Sugar Alternative (Sukrin Gold)
- 1 tsp Hot Sauce (Frank's, Louisiana, etc.)
- Combine all spices: salt, pepper, marjoram, paprika, and garlic powder. In a small ziploc bag, place your 6 pieces of chicken. Add your olive oil. Add your spices. Shake the bag until chicken is fully coated.
- Add your chicken to your slow cooker. You will only need to cook the chicken for about 1.5 - 2 hours. Be sure to check at 1.5 hours, so you don't overcook it.
- Once chicken is cooked, turn your oven to Broil.
- Lay your chicken on a baking sheet, lined with a silicone mat.
- Mix your BBQ sauce together, including: G Hughes sauce, brown sugar, and hot sauce. Using a basting brush, apply your BBQ sauce to the entire pieces of chicken.
- Broil the wings for 3-5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!