This Keto Cheesy Mushroom & Avocado Egg Bake recipe makes the perfect breakfast! This egg bake is light, with a good amount of seasoning. Earthy and savory mushrooms pair incredibly well with the fresh avocado. Thus, there is a creamy and overall savory outcome. It’s so quick and easy to make. However, the results tell a different story. No one will believe it took you such a short amount of time (and effort) to create.
At a very high-level, these are the steps involved to making this recipe:
The main thing you have to actually cook are the mushrooms. That won’t take long at all. Once those are cooked, it’s really just a matter of mixing your ingredients together. Then, you simply need to wait for the egg bake to finish cooking in the oven!
I have to admit: avocado has really grown on me. I find that I especially enjoy it cooked or warm, or fresh with plenty of salt. I know most people love it, but I didn’t at first. Are you one of the few who didn’t like it at first as well? Let me know in the comments if you still don’t love avocado. You could obviously leave it out of this recipe. Instead of topping with avocado, you could consider adding smoked salmon or pesto. However, if you don’t mind avocado – definitely add it! It’s a wonderful addition!
Hope you enjoy!
Keto Cheesy Mushroom & Avocado Egg Bake
- 8 large Eggs
- 1.5 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Parsley Flakes
- 2 tbsp Sour Cream
- 4 oz Muenster Cheese, Shredded
- 1 package (8 oz) Sliced Mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Pepper
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 1 medium Avocado
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, 177 degrees C.
- In a skillet, over medium-high heat, cook your mushrooms, until browned - stirring regularly. Season with garlic powder and lemon pepper.
- Spray a 9 in round pan with olive oil cooking spray. Add your mushrooms to the 9 in round pan.
- In a medium sized bowl, add your eggs. Beat your eggs until light and frothy. Add your salt, black pepper, parsley, and sour cream. Ensure everything is mixed together.
- Add egg mix to 9 in round pan - ensure mushrooms get stirred into the egg mix as well. Top with shredded muenster cheese.
- Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes, depending on your oven. Be sure to check at 20 minutes!
- Once baked, serve with fresh avocado, that's been lightly salted.