This Keto Cheesy Chorizo Dip is creamy, hearty, and in true keto form – very filling! Chorizo provides bold flavor, while there’s plenty of cheese and Mexican crema to balance the spices out. There is also a bit of salsa to really round out this Mexican-inspired dip. Not completely free of spice, there’s a bit of jalapeno and red pepper flakes. You can really make this dip as spicy as you want, by simply altering how much jalapeno and red pepper you incorporate. For dipping, you can use pork rinds, celery, and/or cucumbers. All will work well!
Have you found any other great dipping options? I have made my own cheese crackers and have heard of cabbage chips. I am curious what your favorite dipping methods are! Most of the time, my husband and I simply eat dips with a spoon. Seriously – they’re that good! When I’m eating dips as rich and hearty as this one, it’s easy to not miss authentic chips. (Also, I certainly don’t miss blood sugar rollercoasters from such carb-heavy foods!) However, I love seeing how creative others can be with creating keto and low carb options for ‘chips’!
I hope you give this Keto Cheesy Chorizo Dip a try soon and enjoy it as much as we did!
If you love chorizo, be sure to check out this recipe as well – https://ambersketokitchen.com/2018/11/01/keto-original-chorizo-crust-breakfast-pizza/
Keto Cheesy Chorizo Dip
- 1 cup Frozen Pepper & Onion Blend
- 5.5 oz Chorizo
- 6 tbsp Mexican Crema
- 6 tbsp Salsa, Mild or Medium (I used Mild)
- 1 cup Chicken Bone Broth
- 4 oz Original Cream Cheese (Cut into 1 in cubes)
- 6 oz Muenster Cheese, Shredded
- 1/2 tsp Xantham Gum
- Jalapeno - Garnish Optional
- Fresh Parsley - Garnish Optional
- 2 tsp Pink Salt
- 1.5 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp Red Pepper (I used 1/4 tsp)
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Parsley
- In a cast iron skillet, over medium-high heat, begin to cook peppers and onions. After a few minutes, add your chorizo and cook until fully cooked, which should take about 3-5 minutes.
- Add your spices and seasonings: salt, pepper, red pepper, garlic, and parsley. Stir together.
- Add your mexican crema and salsa. Stir together.
- Next, add your bone broth.
- Add the cream cheese and muenster cheese. Stir, until cheese melts.
- Add xantham gum for thickening. Stir again.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover dip with lid and let simmer for 15 minutes. Stir. Let simmer another 15 minutes, uncovered.
- Serve topped with jalapeno and fresh parsley. Enjoy!