This Keto Lemon Chicken & Spinach Soup has a perfect blend of fresh and creamy flavors. There’s juicy chicken involved for protein, complemented by plenty of anti-inflammatory spinach. There’s a generous amount of spinach, but even non-spinach lovers will love this soup, since the spinach flavor is so diluted by the dairy. Overall, the creaminess of the soup and tangy lemon, combined with the seasonings, makes this a delicious meal. With spring almost here, this Keto Lemon Chicken & Spinach Soup is the perfect weather transitioning soup for you to enjoy!
This recipe is beyond easy to make. You are only looking at very minimal ingredients. There’s chicken, butter, chicken bone broth, spinach, sour cream, goat cheese, and lemon. After these main ingredients, there’s just spices and seasonings to incorporate more flavor. After cooking the chicken, it’s a matter of assembling all ingredients. From there, you simply need to allow everything to simmer for at least 30 minutes.
These are really my favorite types of meals to make. I love throwing a few things together, allowing foods to simmer, and then being treated to a wonderful meal! Let me know if you have any questions in the comments below. I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Keto Lemon Chicken & Spinach Soup
- 4 pieces Chicken Thighs
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 4 cups (1 bag) Frozen Spinach
- 2 cups Chicken Bone Broth
- 4 tbsp Sour Cream
- 4 oz Montchevre Cheese/Goat Cheese
- 1 large Lemon, Juice & Zest
- 2 tsp Mustard
Spices & Seasonings:
- 1 tbsp Pink Salt
- 2 tsp Lemon Pepper
- 1.5 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Parsley Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- In a soup pot or dutch oven, over medium-heat, add your butter. Once butter is melted, add your chicken.
- Season chicken with half of the total salt and lemon pepper. Cook a few minutes each side, until cooked through and chicken is browned. (Chicken will be fully cooked when it reaches a temperature of 165 degrees F, 74 degrees C.)
- Set chicken aside until cooled enough to cut into bite size pieces.
- Add frozen spinach, chicken bone broth, and sour cream. Stir.
- Once spinach is mostly cooked, add goat cheese, lemon juice and zest, and mustard. (If preferred, set aside some of the goat cheese for garnishment.)
- Add chicken bite size pieces back to dutch oven/pot. Add all spices/seasonings: rest of salt, rest of lemon pepper, garlic, red pepper, basil, paprika, parsley, and cumin. Stir.
- Cover soup with lid. Simmer on medium-low heat for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! (Optionally: garnish with goat cheese, parsley flakes, and additional lemon slices.)