This Keto Sesame Beef & Cauliflower Rice dish is sweet, savory, with a very minimal amount of spice, to balance things out. It’s reminiscent of a traditional dish you might get at a restaurant. Of course, it doesn’t have all of the bad health effects of carbs and sugar. The brown sugar and liquid aminos sauce creates a very sweet, tangy, and salty sauce. With cauliflower rice served, there’s an extra dimension, and of course a healthy serving of vegetables included. Despite this, with this Keto Sesame Beef & Cauliflower Rice recipe, I felt like I was truly going against my ketogenic lifestyle!
What are the Macros?
My husband thought this dish reminded him of a cross between an Asian duck sauce and plum sauce. I will gladly take that! Like I stated, the macros are pretty wonderful. Based on 3 servings, each serving results in just 4 total carbs, 2 grams of fiber, 50 grams of fat, 27 grams of protein, and 568 calories. This results in 79% fat, 19% protein, and just 2% carbs! I love creating such savory dishes, that are only 2% carbs! These macros are perfect for lunch or a great dinner.
Intermittent Fasting Macros
If you intermittent fast like my husband and I do, this meal also works perfectly as just 2 servings. Via 2 servings, you’d end up with 7 total carbs, 3 grams of fiber, 74 grams of fat, 41 grams of protein, and 851 calories. Again, pretty amazing results! You definitely won’t have to feel guilty enjoying this amazing meal.
Keto Sesame Beef & Cauliflower Rice
- 16 oz Ground Beef, 73% Lean, 27% Fat
- 2 large Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 medium Jalapeno, Chopped
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar Alternative (Sukrin Gold)
- 4 tbsp Liquid Aminos
- 1/2 tsp Xantham Gum
Spices & Seasonings - Sesame Beef:
- 1.5 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1.5 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger
- Sesame Seeds Garnishment
- 2 cups Riced Cauliflower, Frozen
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Pink Salt
- .5 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, begin to cook jalapeno and minced garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- After a few minutes, add your ground beef and cook until browned. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
- Once ground beef is fully cooked, drain as much grease as you can.
- In a small bowl, combine your brown sugar, liquid aminos, salt, black pepper, onion powder and ginger. Whisk until ingredients are combined. Pour over ground beef.
- Add your xantham gum to the ground beef mixture for thickening. Stir. Allow the ground beef and sauce to simmer over medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- Prepare your cauliflower rice, by adding butter, salt, pepper, and onion powder to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Microwave until rice is fully cooked, which should take about 2-3 minutes, depending on the package's instructions.
- Serve your beef over the cauliflower rice. Garnish with sesame seeds. Enjoy!