These Keto Meatball Parmesan Cast Iron Skillet Burgers are juicy and flavorful. With pork, beef, and parmesan, along with some oregano and garlic, they are definitely reminiscent of meatballs! If you love meatballs, then these are the burgers for you! You won’t notice you are missing a bun with these burgers. In fact, I think I preferred them without one! Of course these burgers are loaded with typical toppings: cheese, tomato, pickles, mustard, and onion. Feel free to alter them to your preferences! I would recommend you keep them wrapped in lettuce, though.
You’ll love how easy these are to make. Basically, you need to mix a few ingredients, add some spices, then get started. To form the patties, I used this burger press:
Obviously optional, but really helps with forming the perfect burger shapes!
You’ll cook the burgers in a cast iron skillet (ideally). The cast iron skillet results in a wonderful crust, without drying out the meat. If you don’t have a cast iron skillet, feel free to use any other skillet, or even a grill.
I love that even with all of the vegetables and even fruit involved in this recipe, each serving is only 3 net carbs! This recipe makes a total of 4 burgers – for 4 servings. Definitely a treat! Hope you enjoy!
Keto Meatball Parmesan Cast Iron Skillet Burgers
- 8 oz Ground Beef, 73% Lean, 27% Fat
- 8 oz Ground Pork
- 1 large Egg
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, Shredded
- 2 tsp Pink Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 oz Sharp Cheddar Cheese (4 slices)
- 4 large Green Leaf Lettuce
- 16 large Dill Chip Pickles
- 1 medium Tomato, Sliced
- 1/4 cup Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 4 tbsp Mustard
- Add your beef, pork, egg, and parmesan to a medium sized mixing bowl. Add your salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Mix your meat mixture until just combined. Be careful to not over-mix!
- Form 4 patties. Heat your cast iron skillet to medium-high and add olive oil. Add your burgers to your cast iron skillet once skillet is hot.
- Cook your burgers for 5 minutes, or until slightly charred. Flip, then cook for another 5 minutes. (No need for continuous flipping or moving the meat!) Ensure your meat is fully cooked (due to the pork) via a temperature of 160 degrees F, 71 degrees C. With about 2 minutes remaining, add your cheese slices for melting. Cover with a lid, so cheese can melt.
- Once burgers are cooked, set aside. Begin assembling them. Wrap them in lettuce; add pickles, tomato slices, onions, and mustard.